fifty-nine

Trixie giggled, leaning back against the passenger seat as Katya's terrible singing filled the car.

"You are so bad," Trixie smiled fondly over at Katya, shaking her head.

"You love it," Katya teased, winking over at Trixie before her eyes directed back to the road.

She moved to slip her hand into Trixie's exposed thigh, squeezing gently before she began to sing the Ariana Grande song blaring through the blown speakers.

"Sure," Trixie smiled, squeezing Katya's hand on her thigh before she was too, singing along to the song on the radio.

It was only around an hour more of bad singing in Katya's car before they pulled up at Katya's destination, a small town that held a beach behind it. The sky was already dark as Katya parked the car in front of a cute ice cream shop.

"This place is super cute," Trixie smiled as Katya opened her car door for her, climbing out of the car and taking Katya's hand.

Katya smiled widely, shutting the car door and leading Trixie to the store front and through the door. The shop was empty, and the pair both got their ice cream before making their way to the beach. Katya knew that it was too cold to swim or anything, but she figured they both could just sit and enjoy the view.

And that's just what they did. They giggled and teased each other as the crashing waves kept background noise. It was the first day in almost three weeks that everything felt normal again, and Trixie couldn't feel any happier in that moment.

Trixie set her empty cup and spoon down next to Katya in the sand, resting her head on Katya's shoulder.

"Tonight was really great. Thank you, I needed this," She spoke softly once their laughter died down.

Katya wrapped her arm around Trixie's waist, rubbing her fingers against Trixie's clothed hipbone gently.

"I'm glad I could do that, baby," She said gently, pressing a kiss to her hair, "I want the best for you. I want you to be happy."

"Well you make me happy," Trixie said with a fond smile, looking up at Katya to press a kiss to the older's lips.

Katya kissed back, a bit surprised when Trixie climbed into her lap and deepened the kiss and he let her, of course, wrapping her arms around Trixie's waist and pulling her close.

"I love you," Katya whispered as she pulled away from the kiss to catch some air.

Trixie giggled softly, her cheeks growing rosy which made Katya's smile widen.

"I love you too," She said in return before she kissed Katya again. The kiss lasted a bit longer than the last before Trixie was pulling away to press kisses on Katya's jaw. "Can I ask you something?"

——————
a/n: ooooh girl