twenty-four

Trixie went through her day, making her way through English class. Without Katya.

Then it was eventually lunch, and Trixie found herself walking back at her usually tree, but Chris was already sat there.

"Um, Chris?" She spoke, her voice slightly rough from the lack of talking.

Trixie fiddled with the bracelets on her wrist, standing next to where Chris was sat. Chris glanced up from his phone at Trixie, a soft smile appearing on his face.

"Hey, sit". He said, patting the grass next to him, scooting over slightly to make room under the large tree.

Trixie hesitantly sat down, setting her hands in her lap as she looked over at Chris.

"What are you doing here? B-because if you think I'm going to get with you just because me and Katya are over, you're totally wrong."

"That's not what I'm here for," Chris said with a shake of his head and slight frown. "And are you and Katya really over though?"

Trixie shrugged. "I mean, I figure since she is really fucking pissed at me". 

Chris scoffed, but not in a rude way like Katya did the day before. "Sure. She really likes you Trixie, maybe even loves you."

Trixie laughed sarcastically. "Don't lie to me just to make me feel better, Chris. You should of seen the way she yelled at me, she definitely does not love me."

"I've never seen Katya act this way before," Chris said, slightly abruptly as he looked at Trixie. "She's never gotten this torn up about someone not believing her before, plus, Katya has never even shown interest in someone like she has shown interest in you. All the other people that she fucked and left were nothing more than a week fling, but how long have you been around? A month or two?"

"That doesn't mean anything," Trixie shot back as she glanced at Chris. "Katya doesn't want anything to do with me anymore, and that's final".

Chris groaned, leaning his head back against the tree.

"You are so fucking stubborn," He groaned as he closed his eyes. "Please, just believe me on this one. Katya loves you."

Trixie shook her head, sighing softly.

"Chris, I know Katya doesn't love me," She said quietly, her eyes starting to tear up, "And why would I believe you anyway? Believing you is what started this mess."

Chris could hear the difference in Trixie's voice, so he lifted his head up to look over at Trixie and he could feel his heart hurt. Chris has never seen Trixie once look anything less than happy, and boy, did Chris never want to see her sad again.

"Trixie, p-please don't cry." He moved closer to Trixie hesitantly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. And surprisingly, Trixie shoved her face in his shoulder and started to sob.

"I just don't know what to do," Trixie muttered in between soft sobs, voice muffled in the leather of Chris' jacket. "I love Katya, I love her so much."

Chris rubbed his hand over Trixie's back soothingly while he glanced out across the football field in front of them.

"I know, Trixie, I know- please, just talk to Katya. It will make everything better, I promise."

Trixie shook her head immediately, keeping her face tucked into Chris.

"She doesn't want to talk to me, Chris, she doesn't want me," She mumbled, the words just making more tears fall from her brown eyes.

"Trixie, please trust me on this one," Chris said, wrapping his arms tightly around the sobbing girl. "Katya turns into absolute putty around you, it's kind of pathetic, she can't be mad for too long, if she is even mad at all."

Trixie pulled away from Chris just as the bell rung, wiping at her damp eyes.

"I don't know," She said, trailing off as she stood up and grabbed her bag. "I'll think about it, alright?"

"Good enough for me," Chris said, shooting Trixie a small smile. "I'm sorry for ruining this for you, but I'm sure everything will be alright soon."

Trixie smiled slightly back at Chris, "I sure hope so," She said before she was walking away and towards the school again.

The halls were around empty as she walked to the bathroom to wash her face, the only sound were her slightly wet vans squeaking against the tiled floors. She was a bit late to chemistry, but that didn't bother her for once in her life.

Just as Trixie was turning the corner, she heard a familiar voice echo around the halls.

"Trixie?"

——————
a/n: oh my god who is it !

triple fucking update to apologise for the drama