thirty-seven

Trixie opened the front door slowly, walking inside and kicking off her shoes. She was a little bit worried about what her mum needed so urgently, and walking into the house made Trixie's stomach churn.

"Mom? I'm back?" She called as she pulled the door shut behind her. Trixie walked quietly into the living room, her feet padding softly against the carpeted floor.

Her mum shot up from the couch, a slight smile on her face.

"Trix! Hey, sit," She said as she sat back down and patted the grey fabric of the couch.

Trixie sat down hesitantly, the anxious feeling only rising at the weird way her mom was acting.

"What is it? What's happening?" She asked softly, biting her lower lip.

She sighed, the small smile on her face falling.

"Um, so Mary called me," She paused to assess the look on Trixie's face, "And her and Jessie are moving back here."

Trixie's breath hitched at the name she hasn't heard since he was 15.

"W-what?" She asked quietly, shaking her head slightly. "He can't, mum, he can't."

"I know the break up wasn't the best, Trixie, but maybe this could make this better!" She exclaimed, trying to convince her daughter with a nod. "Maybe you two could patch things up? I always really liked Jessie, and you two were good together."

"No, mom, no," Trixie shook her head quickly, her head spinning from thinking about everything that Jessie had done to her. Most of what her mum didn't even know. "And I'm seeing someone anyway, there's no way I'm getting back with Jessie."

"We'll see, yeah?" She said, patting Trixie's thigh before she got up from the couch. "They will be here tomorrow at around 1, before you get out of school, he won't be going to school with you for a week or two, but Mary and Jessie will be over here a lot."

Trixie didn't speak. She didn't know what to say about this. There's no way she'd be able to deal with Jessie coming back. It was a relief when Jessie moved away shortly after their break up. Her mind was racing as she stayed put on the couch, her mum long gone by then.

She wasn't sure what to do. There was nothing Trixie could do to stop this. She just couldn't bare the idea of Jessie being around again, and being able to actually hurt her again.

Trixie shook her head, twisting her hair between her fingers as she stood up and left to the bathroom. She figured a shower would do her good, and turned on the water quickly. She set her phone on the counter, reminding herself to call Katya after.

Trixie took a long shower, longer than she usually would. Just thinking about Jessie made her feel dirty, and she remembers the months after their breakup when Trixie would scrub her skin raw in attempts to get clean. She shuddered at the thought, washing the conditioner out of her hair before climbing out of the shower and towel drying herself

She grabbed her phone and wrapped her towel around her waist before she went to her room. Trixie shut the door behind her and changed into a pair of soft, pink shorts and a white hoodie with some university logo on the front. She dropped the towel into the hamper and picked up her phone from her bed, dialing Katya's number.

—————
a/n: i'm gonna slow down the uploads a bit since there's only half of this book left and i wanna make it great and not rushed