twenty-nine

Trixie sat anxiously in the front seat of Katya's parked car, chewing at her lip as she looked at the large house in front of them. The pair had hung out with Chris and Amy after school, and now it was nearing evening when Katya suggested that they sould head to her house.

"I'm nervous," Trixie said after a quiet moment, her fingers fiddling in her lap. "What if they don't like me? What if they think all this pastel stuff I wear is weird? what about my hai-"

Katya cut her off with a gentle kiss.

"Calm down," She said with a soft laugh, "I'm positive they'll love you and your cute sense of style, yeah?" She pressed her lips to Trixie's once more before she got out and opened her door.

Trixie took a deep breath before she hopped out of the car, Katya kissing her temple in reassurance.

"Okay, I'm ready then," Trixie said, taking another deep breath to calm her nerves. She hated meeting new people, and these new people were super important.

Katya slipped her hand into Trixie's, pulling the smaller girl up the steps to the house and opened the pristine white door.

"Mom? Dad?" She called, closing the door behind them and dropping Trixie's hand in the process.

Trixie was immediately enveloped with a feeling of coziness from the large house. The carpet was soft beneath her boots and the cream walls were covered with tons of family and school pictures. The air smelt of vanilla and it all just seemed so perfect.

"Kitchen!" Trixie heard a feminine voice call, and she glanced at Katya nervously.

Katya only nodded and smiled widely at Trixie before she lead them to the kitchen.

"Hey mom," the tall girl spoke, leaning against the door frame of the room.

Trixie took the moment to look at Katya's mum. She had short, white hair and she seemed to have most of the same facial structure as Katya. Trixie could clearly see the resemblance.

The woman turned from the stove, nearly dropping her spoon as she saw Trixie.

"Oh, Katya, who's this lovely young girl?" She asked, a smile forming on her face as she set the spoon down and approached Trixie.

Katya smiled fondly, looking over at Trixie before her mum again.

"This is Trixie, and um, she's a friend?" She said, although the statement came out more like a question.

"She's lovely. I'm Pat, it's so nice to meet you, sweetie, y'know, Katya never brings friends home," She spoke as she picked up the spoon again. "Especially not ones as cute as you," Pat teased, winking over at Katya.

Trixie could feel her cheeks heat up, giggling softly at Katya's mum's comments.

"It's nice to meet you too, Pat," She said, her voice light and happy.

Katya rolled his eyes at his mother, shaking his head.

"Shut up, mom," She said, smiling slightly as she saw the blush on Trixie's cheeks. "Is Dee home or is she out with dad?"

"Dee's in her room," Pat hummed, beginning to stir the pot she abandoned once she saw Trixie.

Katya immediately got out of the kitchen, pulling Trixie towards and up the stairs. "I think that's why I never bring anyone home, my mom is embarrassing."

"She's cute!" Trixie exclaimed, a smile on her face as he followed Katya up the stairs. She's only been here once before, but that was was it was dark, and she's only every examined Katya's room.

Katya laughed, leading Trixie towards a door that was painted pink.

"She definitely liked you," She hummed as she stopped in front of the door. "This is Dee's room," She said as she looked back at the smaller girl. "You ready?"

"Mhm," Trixie hummed, leaning up to peck Katya's lips before the taller girl opened up the door. Trixie wasn't as nervous as before, as Katya's mom was probably his main obstacle.

They walked into the pink and purple room, the walls lined with painted tiaras on them. On the floor was sat a five year old girl, who held two dolls in her hands. She had blonde hair, and it curled towards the end of her back. She glanced up once the door opened and she jumped up.

"Kat!" She exclaimed, her tiny voice filling the room as she ran over and jumped into Katya's arms.

Katya laughed, scooping the tiny girl up in his arms and Trixie swore dhe's never seen a cuter sight.

"Hello Dee," She hummed, swinging her around before settling her on her hip. "This is my friend, Trixie. I want you to meet her."

Dee's blue eyes met Trixie's brown ones and she gasped.

"She's so pretty," She whispered into Katya's ear, but she didn't do a very good job on being quiet. Katya set her down and she bounded over to Trixie.

"Your hair is so pretty, it looks like cotton candy," she said, pointing to the light pink curly hair.

"Thank you so much". Trixie said and she blushed at the comment.

"Will you play dolls with me?"

—————
a/n: please keep asking me questions