fifty-six

Katya plopped down on the couch, resting her head in Trixie's lap as he looked up at her.

"Pick a movie?" She asked with a smile, handing Trixie the remote.

Trixie clicked through Netflix for a few minutes before she decided on Dirty Dancing, one of her favorites.

It was silent for over half the movie, Katya watching from her stretched out position and she could feel how tense Trixie was. She furrowed her eyebrows, sighing gently as she sat up to look at her.

"Trixie? Can we talk?" Katya asked, making sure to keep her voice soft and gentle.

Trixie nodded hesitantly, biting at her lower lip as she turned to face Katya.

"Yeah, what about?" She asked, her voice laced with nervousness.

Katya frowned slightly, tilting her head as she looked at Trixie.

"You have been distant lately, and I know it's probably because of what happened with Jessie, but I just want you to know that you can talk to me about anything, yeah?"

"I know that," Trixie said quietly, her eyes glancing away from Katya's. "I just- do you think I'm gross now? I mean, like in the sense that I have had sex with another guy when we've been together?"

Katya was shocked at Trixie's questions, not expecting that to come from her mouth at the moment.

"What? No, I don't think you're gross and I never will," She said with a frown as she reached out to take Trixie's hand in hers. "It's not like you chose to have sex with him, Trixie. It doesn't bother me, promise," she reassured, smiling softly when Trixie made eye contact again.

Trixie nodded slowly, biting her lower lip.

"Are you sure? Because I would understand if you did, y'know. I just feel so gross myself and I couldn't imagine why you wouldn't think the same."

"I'm a hundred percent sure," Katya said gently. "I still think you're amazing and cute and perfect. Just like when we first met, baby, I know it's gonna take a while for you to push past this, but I'm gonna be here for you, okay?"

"Okay," Trixie said softly, a small smile on her face. It's the first genuine one Katya has seen in a few days. "I believe you."

Katya smiled, leaning forward to kiss Trixie's temple softly.

"Good," She mumbled as she pulled away from Trixie, "I love you."

Trixie's smile grew a bit wider, leaning back towards Katya to press their lips together gently. "I love you too. Thank you".

The pair watched a few more movies together, the tension that was between them was now lifted somewhat. It still hung around a bit, but they both knew it would be a while until it was gone. It would be awhile until Trixie was comfortable with herself again, and Katya was fully okay with waiting for that.