Chapter 22

"Hunter, watch out!" Maddie yelled.

I turned around, but a second too late. I was slammed into the ground, my ears ringing from the impact. Before I had time to think, a paw as big as my torso swung at me. I rolled out of the way just in time. BANG! The paw smashed the ground where I had been seconds before. The paw swung again, I dodged and changed in the same second. Electric shocks moves through my bones as I changed into the huge wolf I am. This wolf that was attacking me was big, but I'm bigger. I bared my huge fangs and let out a shattering howl. Not hesitating for a second, both Maddie and Jenna transformed and flanked me on both sides. This wolf didn't stand a chance against the three of us. I growled and lunged. 

"Noooooo!" A woman's voice screeched. I looked in the direction of the vice and standing there was one of the most beautiful women I have seen in my entire life, nothing compared to Haylee, but still gorgeous. She rushed in front of the wolf, and stood protectively in front of him. "Max, you HAVE to let them go. Look at me. Fight it. This isn't you." The woman looked straight into the eyes of the huge black beast calmly and lovingly. Soothing him.  The wolf shook his head, as to be struggling with himself. "Fight it Max. Fight it for me." Her soft voice desperate. The wolf, who's name was apparently Max, whined and then shifted into a man. The woman jumped and hugged him. "Thank god." She said, her arms around him. {What just happened?} Jenna asked through our pack bond. {I don't know, but I'm not shifting yet. Just in case.} The couple talked quietly and the woman spoke. "I am Ashley, and this is Max. He's been under the control of Haylee's father. That is why you're hear, isn't it? To save Haylee?" I looked at the others, {Stay put, and stay ready.} I took a step forward and shifted. "Yes. We are hear for my mate, and for my sister. Maddie." I gestured to her, and Max's expression softened when his eyes fell on Maddie. "She's the little girl he made us take." He looked up at me with what looked like the beginning of tears and said "I never wanted to be part of this." Ashley hugged him and and rubbed his back.

"It's okay, tell them what happened." He swallowed and looked up at me. "I was the same age Maddie was when Scott, Haylee's father kidnapped me. He kept me here and raised me to kill. When I was old enough to know what I was doing, I wanted to leave, but he woldn't allow that. I tried to escape many times, until one day he started to slip pills into my food. My wife Ashley was the one who noticed the change. I have stopped taking them, but I am still affected sometimes." 

"We want to help you stop him." Ashley said. "And to save Haylee." Max added seriously.

"Okay, well we need to move before Scott finds us. There is one more thing we need before we leave..." 

*~~~HAYLEE'S P.O.V.~~~*

My heart raced. My bones ached. And my entire body was on fire. But I had never felt more free. My huge lungs filled with fresh air and I had sensations I had never felt before, it was a whole new world under my feet. Well paws. My instincts knew they was a deer 500 yards northeast. I saw the detail on every leaf as I soared. I moved faster than I ever had before, and for the first time in my life my muscles actually felt like they were being used like they were meant to be used.  Pure power ran through me as I followed Jason through the woods. {We're almost there.} I heard his voice in my head. This whole wolf pact telekinesis was still weird to me. {Hunter? Hunter we're almost there. How is everyone, are you okay?} I thought about the girls, and wondered how'd they be. Knowing that they most likely killed someone tonight. Those poor, innocent girls. They're only children. I heard a dog like chuckle. {Maybe Jenna is. But Maddie? She's a fiesty little thing. I've tried to train her. She's got a hard bite for a little thing.} I saw him shake his head. {She's seen a lot too. And been through more. She's tough}

 I sighed then got a responce from Hunter. {What do you mean "we're"?} He's not going to like this.. {Who's not going to like what?} Jason said. {My mate.. I told him that there is now someone with me. He's not going to like this.} Jason paused for a second. {You have a mate? No wonder I couldn't hear you for a few minutes. You were speaking through a mate bond. Tell him I'm here strictly to help.} I sighed again. {His name is Jason. He helped me escape. He says he only wants to help. You have nothing to worry about.} I was waiting for a response, but then we arrived outside the dungeon like place my father had held me. Everyone was outside. {Seems like we have a lot of people wanting to help.} I looked around. Our group of three had become seven in just one night. Hunter, the girls, Ashley and Max were all standing in human form. I looked over to Jason who phased into his human from and Ashley quickly threw him some pants. "Haylee? Aren't you going to phase?" I looked around embarrassed as I realized I didn't know how. Hunter laughed with a soft smile playing at his lips. "Just relax. And picture yourself as a human." We waited a few seconds and I felt the burning go away. I stood up and almost fell, my muscles felt like I had just participated in Tour de France. Hunter caught me and kissed my forehead, "You'll get use to it in time my love." Then I realized he was still pressed against me, trying to hide my naked body from the others and I blushed. Ashley brought over some clothes and I thanked her. White skinny jeans, an aqua tanktop and a grey sweatshirt.

"Well, what's the plan? We need to move. Fast." Jason said, still shirtless. Jenna and Maddie were practically drooling, I would've too, but he was nothing compared to beautiful man I had by my side. "We can't travel all together without drawing attention." Hunter said firmly. "We can take the girls and say they are our twin daughters?" Max suggested. I could tell Hunter didnt like that idea. Jason spoke again "I can take them. With my blonde hair I could easily be their older brother." Hunter scoffed. "Hunter. Don't be rude. You can trust him." I said. "How about we go with you?" Jenna said, looking up at me. "Hmm.." I thought for a moment. "They'll be looking for Jason and I together. Seeing as we left together. Same with Ashley and Max. So, Jenna and Max will come with me. And the four of you will go together. We'll meet in thrre days in Ohio." They were all quiet and seemed to think it over for a second. "Why Ohio?" Maddie asked. "Well, it's far from here. And who has ever heard of someone running away to Ohio?"

**************************************************************************************************************

I'm sorry I love you. I'm a bad person I know I know. I hope you really liked this though :)