/40/

Brendon's POV

It had been a month since the whole crisis with the babies. And sadly, we couldn't find the babies. It has been so hard on us, but especially Faelecia. I felt so bad for her! She never stopped crying, which gave me the opportunity to swoop in and be the man she's going to marry.

I poked my head into the bedroom, seeing her snoozing. Better than crying, that's for sure.

"Honey, I'm gonna go to work, okay?" I whispered in her ear.

"Mhmm," she grumbled. I smiled and kissed the side of her face.

"I love you," I sang, walking out of the room. Work was one of the only things that could take my mind off of things. That and Faelecia, but I gave her another month off to help her mourn. She spent most of her time in the babies' old room. It was her mourning space, since none of them made it...

~~~

After a long, rough day at work, I walked through the door to see Faelecia watching TV, and not crying. Jackpot!

"Hey honey! How was your day at work?" She asked, taking a bite out of her ice cream tube. I threw my jacket on the coat rack and sat beside her.

"God! It was rough here and there. Some intern tried correcting something of mine so I fired his ass." I groaned, wrapping one arm around her shoulder. She knit her eyebrows and replied with,

"You fired an intern? What kind of mistake did he try correcting?" I inhaled loudly and closed my eyes, letting my head falcon the back off the sofa.

"He tried to tell me how to make my deals. Laurence Gowalski is offering me an island for a small profit, but mister goes to work and doesn't get paid is trying to tell me that it's not a good investment. He was outta there before he could even finish his sentence." I chuckled. Faelecia looked at me with dumbfound, and then cracked a smile.

"Whatever makes you happy, Urie! It's been around two weeks since I wore makeup." She said. I looked at her and smiled a genuine, loving smile.

"You don't need makeup sweetheart, you're beautiful just the way you are!" I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and watched as her cheeks turned a hot red.

"Brendon..." she said shyly, cute as ever.

"Yes, sweetheart?" I answered, scooting closer to her and moving her ice cream to the table.

"Are we ever gonna have a normal life again? Because this is something that never happens." She looked down and her eyes welded with tears.

"Faelecia, please don't cry!" I begged, wiping away the tears that have started to fall. She shoved her head in my chest and started to ball. Then I gave up trying to prevent her from crying. I realized just then that she needed a shoulder to cry on. And that's exactly what I was going to do.

"Baby, it's alright! Everything's alright now, okay? I still love you just as much, and I love you more everyday, because you're perfect! I love you so goddamn much!" I squeezed her in a tight hug.

"Everything is not okay, because our babies are gone!" She sobbed. I don't know why, but tears never shed with me. I usually get stressed and work, or try to cheer up Faelecia. I sighed and continued rubbing her back.

"Spew it all out, don't hold back. I overheard two loud ass old ladies in the elevator talk about how talking about things make you feel better." I continued to soothe her, trying so desperately to be there for her.

"Brendon... talking about my dead kids aren't going to help. I don't think I could ever recover from that..." she wailed. I pulled her chin up and place my face in the crook of her neck. Pretending to bite, she started giggling.

"Brendon!" She breathed out, trying to stop me while laughing her ass off.

"What? I'm just making my fiancé happy!" I replied. After three minutes, I removed my face and smiled at her.

"Feeling better?" She nodded and traced my jawline.

"I love you!" My smile grew as I replied,

"I love you too, sweetie!" She laid down and rested her head on my chest. I stroked the side of her face and played with her hair.

"I couldn't ask to be in any better place," she whispered, closing her eyes and dozing off to sleep.

"I am the luckiest man alive!"