/35/

"Alright! You two love birds have fun!" Zoe waved goodbye as Brendon and I started driving away.

"Alright... who's getting drunk?" I questioned. Brendon laughed at the fact that that was my first question.

"We could both, and call a cab. Or Zoe picks us up with the babies." Brendon shrugged.

"Well, I know how much you love to drink, and I haven't had one in over a year, so we both drink?" He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"We can get Zoe to pick up the car after." He stated.

"And how will she do that?"

"Well, when we get a ride back home from the cab, she'll take the same cab to the club and drive it back to our house, and then go home." Brendon informed.

"I married a genius!" I smiled. I toyed with the wedding ring on my finger, still dazzled by its beauty. Brendon had a classic wedding ring on, but he had to make mine super expensive and pretty.

"F**k! I think you can see that ring from space, it's huge!" Brendon smiled, happy with the wedding ring he bought his wife. I sighed and looked at my clothes. I had a nice tank top on with a pair of skinny jeans. You can't even tell that I had two babies.

"What club are we going to?" I asked, looking out the window.

"The one where we met." I awed and kissed his cheek. He smiled and took a hand off the wheel, and rubbed my arm. He was wearing a full on suit. I smiled and closed my eyes.

"Hey! Don't fall asleep now." He laughed. I sighed and turned up the radio.

"Back to the old hits from the two-thousands! Here we have Gimme More by Britney Spears!" The radio lady cheered. I smiled and sat back.

"It's Britney B**tch!" Brendon snorted, pulling into the parking lot.

"Britney makes me laugh sometimes..." he sighed. I hooked my arm around his as we both walked into the bar. I remember hating walking in here with my friends. Good thing I did, and good thing I hated Brendon at first, or else I wouldn't be where I am now.

"Here, I found a table in the lounge." Brendon grabbed my hand and we slipped through the crowd of people.

"It's nice and calm here, compared to being out in the open, this is more... private." He finished his thought.

"I love this!" I grabbed his knuckles and tilted my head, smiling towards him.

~~~

A little later on into the night, Brendon had a few drinks. He wasn't so drunk, considering he was a man who could handle alcohol, but his mood still changed.

"Yeah, when I was in grade eight, I just walked into the girls change room. It was pretty sick!" He chuckled. I cringed.

"That's rude! Did you see anything?" I laughed.

"I saw Jessica Howlers boobs that day." He stated. I knit my eyebrows.

"Gross, anyway, I'm gonna go get a drink, since, you know, I wanna drink too." I got up and walked to the bar.

"Can I get a scotch please?" I kept it simple. He nodded and walked to the kegs, grabbing a glass and then poured the alcohol into the transparent cup. He passed it to me and I nodded a thank you to the man. I was walking back to the seats, only to feel a pair of hands on my waist. I assumed they were Brendon's, until I saw him sipping his whiskey. He looked to see the man, and my scared expression, and immediately rose from the seat.

"Hey! Asshole! Get your damn hands off of my wife!" Brendon yelled. The people around started to look. Brendon grabbed my waist and pulled me back into his chest. I hugged him tightly.

"What are you gonna do about it, buy your way out of this? I don't think so." The other guy said, trying to throw a punch at Brendon. We both ducked, and Brendon pushed me into the booth.

"No, but I'm gonna beat your ass!" Brendon threw a punch at the guys face, hitting him square in the nose. He fell to the floor, grabbing onto his nose. Brendon stomped near him, but walked away.

"I think you broke my nose!" Yelled the other man. Brendon looked over at me, and then sat back down in the booth. I grabbed his fists, seeing a little bit of blood on his knuckles.

"I don't give a s**t if the press makes this seem worse. It was motherf**king self defence for you." He stated, sipping his whiskey. I wiped the blood away with a napkin off of the table and looked to see the guy had left the bar. No one seemed to care.

"We should go home and fix you up." I suggested. Brendon shook his head no.

"We're supposed to be on a romantic date. Can we just forget this ever happened?" He pleaded. I looked at his knuckles and kissed his cheek.

"Of course!" I took a sip of my scotch and took a moment.

"It's been forever since I drank. My tolerance is low now." I blank quickly and looked at Brendon.

"It's been about a week since I had a drink. Sometimes it just happens in the office." He stated.

"Well, you're a man of business, I'd expect that." Brendon nodded and winked at me, chugging the rest of his whiskey. He gasped for air, only one breath though, and smiled at me.

"I'm so glad we met! I'm so glad that I persevered until I got you to come home with me. I'm so glad everything that happened happened, or else we wouldn't be together." He stroked my cheek and and traced my blush.

"Come here!" I grabbed his cheeks and pulled him to me.

"Weird how you've been starting all the kisses, huh?" He chuckled. I laughed with him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm just showing how much you mean to me!"