Chapter 36

Scott's POV the day of Deaucalion

"He calmed down. The doctors gave him a sedative." My mom tells me and Callie after ushering us out of the room. I run a hand through my messy hair.

"I- I just don't understand .He was fine one minute then crazy the next. When can I have Stiles back mom?" She looks up at me with big sad eyes.

"Honey if I knew. If I knew I would figure out and I would give him to you but I don't. I don't know how to bring back the crazy little sarcastic kid." She lets out a small sigh. "If only I knew."

"Callie if you want to go you can." I say to the beautiful girl standing next to me.

"No if I wanted to leave I would have already. But I am hungry, care to go grab a bite with me?" She says much more calmly then she was a couple of minutes ago. My stomach rumbles in response. She laughs a forced laugh.

"I take that as a yes?" She has a reassuring smile on her face but I can tell that behind her eyes she is fighting an internal conflict.

"Sure." I nod in agreement."I will see you later mom. Keep me updated about Stiles." She nods and watches us walk out of the hospital. I still can't shake the ultimate feeling that Stiles knew something when he said her name.

Isaac's POV

3 days had passed since Deaucalion. Three days of sleeping. Three days still wasn't long enough for me to heal all the way. For me to get rid of an unyielding exhaustion. I sit on the operation table looking at my still sleeping sister. I can hear her heartbeat now. Barely, but at least it is there. I feel the overwhelming sensation of anxiety as I wait for Deaton to return with mine and Abs' things from the dorm room. We are finally going back to Beacon Hills. I didn't think I would say that again. Abs made it very clear that we could never go back. That we were to much of a danger to everyone we loved there. I agreed. But I miss Callie. I miss Scott. I miss Mama McCall. I even miss Stiles. But thats the problem. We spent all this time trying to leave the place to put our friends a little out of danger, and now we are going head first back into it. I shudder at the thought of Abs not being able to cope about Stiles. We can't go back there but it looks like we have no choice but to.

Deaton walks silently into the room making me jump. "Don't overthink this Isaac. You are safer in Beacon Hills then you are anywhere else." His words don't calm my nerves.

"I'm not worried about myself. I'm worried about my friends. I want them to be safe." I say defiantly.

"Do you not realize that you two leaving Beacon Hills put them in danger? Being there was the best thing you could give them. Take Scott for example. He couldn't live with it. He couldn't heal properly. He got himself drunk and mad. Drunk and mad enough to go harm himself. That doesn't sound to safe does it?" I stare down at my feet and slowly shake my head.

"When are we leaving?" I ask quietly.

"Now. Grab your sister and follow me. Its time we head back to your friends. They've been waiting on you."