Chapter 28

Isaac's POV

I slip in and out of consciousness. I don't know where I am. I don't know where Abs is. Through slipping in consciousness I do know I was put in a vehicle and transported somewhere. But I could never get my bearings enough to hold on to the little slips that I had. I slip back into consciousness. It takes my eyes a minute to adjust to the darkness. I go to wipe my face and I suddenly realize that I am bound to some sort of metal rods. I pull my hands again and feel the restraints. My arms are bound over my head. Great. I pull my legs hoping for the best, but they are bound as well. I pull my hardest against the restraints but nothing happens besides my arms throbbing from being sore. I must've been hanging for a couple of hours. I look around the room again for any sign of an exit if I can escape and find nothing. I pull again against my restraints. So hard this time that i cut into my skin. I have one last resort. I turn. Using the supernatural power I struggle yet again to get free. As I'm about to bust through the restraints, a blinding pain shoots through me like being shot by a mini bolt of lightning. I fall limp against the restraints. Lights as bright as the sun come on and I shield my eyes the best I can. A chorus of laughs feel the room. I feel anger welling inside me.

"Well, well, well. See now, Isaac, it would have been much more painless if you would've just came with me on free will." Deucalion stands before me with Kali and Enus behind him. They all have their claws out. "So now you either join us, or die."

Abigail's POV

I fall to my knees from a pain that just shot through me. Isaac. I should've waited to see if he was there. I'm an idiot. Such an idiot. I pick myself up and continue to run in the direction of the school. I can't stay here. I can't. I pick up my pace breathing hard.

After what seems like years I stop in front of the dormitory. I enter the doors hopefully for the last time. I make my way up through the corridors stopping only when I am face to face with my door. I slowly push it open walk over to my bed. Pulling out my suitcase. I never fully unpacked just incase I had to leave on a quick notice. I feel the suitcase with the small amount of items I did unpack. I leave a pair of black leggings and black converse out.

I slip the hospital gown off and pull the leggings on and slipping the shoes on. I walk over to Isaac's bed and grab his lacrosse hoodie and throw it on. I quickly jot him down a note. I grab my suitcase and turn around leaving but am stopped face to face with someone. Recognition feels my brain instantly.

"Deaton? W-what? How did you find us?" I ask in a small voice.

"I am an emissary Abigail. I know a lot more then you think." I gulp and look at the floor.

"Please. Please don't make me to back to Beacon Hills." I beg.

"I'm sorry but I've been asked to bring you and your brother back." I look up sharply at him.

"I don't even know where Isaac is. I left the hospital without him. Ran the whole way here." Deaton nods and takes a step towards me.

"Now thats going to be a problem. But you'll still have to come with me. Its within your best interest." He takes another step toward me. I start shaking my head. Before I know whats happening Deaton pulls out a syringe and sticks it into my neck injecting whatever substance it withheld. My knees go week and I fall face down onto the floor. I try and resist the force that is trying to take over me but I am to weak. My eyes fall shut and I slip into unconsciousness.