Chapter 16

Hi!! Please check out the Lost Instagram page @autumnobrien to check out what the characters look like and if you want to make edits for it you can tag me in the pic.

Chapter 16

Abigail's POV

"Um Mama? Are these my clothes?" I asked as I changed into the clothes that Melissa had brought for me.

"No. But I need your help working today so I brought you some clothes close enough to what a doctor wears but not scrubs." She replied. I looked at myself in the mirror and laughed. By the smell I could tell I had on Isaac's white long sleeved shirt. She brought me a pair of my skinny jeans that were a shade of denim so light that they looked white. My TOMS were white as well. I guessI see her point in packing about all the same color because I have noticed that doctors wear matching scrubs almost all the time. I brushed my now clean, still wet hair and fish tailed it down my back. I brushed my teeth and put on some d-o and left the bathroom Melissa said I could use. I would put on perfume but I was instructed not to because of some patients.

"Well Melissa all you would have to do is put a halo on top of your girl's head and you could call her an angel." One of Melissa's colleagues said. I looked around to see who she was talking about and turned back to look at the woman who spoke. She laughed and pointed at me.

"I'm talking about you missy." She said laughing again. I blushed a deep shade of red and smiled sheepishly at her.

"Thanks?" I said not knowing if it was a compliment.

"Your welcome sweetie." She said. It looked like she was going to say something else but something on her hip beeped. She looked down at it and she quickly ran off in a certain direction.

"What was that Mama?" I asked Melissa.

"It was a page. I need your help today. 10 car pile up and all the casualties will get sent here. We are already missing our on call surgeon and his back up isn't here yet. I need you to comfort the patients. Try and keep them calm. If you can't, thats okay, do the best you can." She sent me a soft smile and sent me in the direction of the first room I will be visiting. I knocked on the door and heard a soft "come in" in reply. I slowly opened the door to see a boy about my age laying on the hospital bed in the middle of the room. May I add without a shirt. He had a soft colored brown hair that swooped across his forehead all the way down to right above his eyebrows. He had big, sad chocolate brown eyes. You know the term "they gave me puppy dog eyes"? Well that is exactly what this looked like. He had a pained expression on his face and his eyes sparkled with unshed tears.

"Hey. I am Abigail. I am here to help today." I said giving a shy wave and stepping in the room a little further.

"I'm Connor Evans." He said with a raspy voice ,with a strong accent that I can't quite put my finger on, that sounded as if he had been screaming a while and lost it. "Do you know where my parents are? They said they would be here like an hour ago. I'm a nervous reck." He added sheepishly.

"No. I'm sorry. I can ask Melissa if she knows if you want me to?" I asked concern laced in my voice.

"Is she a nurse?" He asked confusion written all over his face. I nodded feeling my cheeks heat up from embarrassment. I should've just said "I can ask a nurse if you want me too" instead of just saying "Melissa".

"Okay. Just please don't go long. It gets lonely in here." He said blushing a little. I nodded again and walked out the door. Running smack dab into a nurse.

"Sorry! Ma'am do you happen to know where Connor Evans parents are?" I asked very embarrassed.

"Thats his mom on that gurney." She said pointing to the group of people pushing a gurney down the hall coming our way. "His parents were in the pile up." She ran over and began helping the group of people with Mrs. Evans. My heart sunk to my feet. This poor boy is in the hospital waiting for his parents for something. Bless his heart. I made my way back into his room this time standing at the end of his bed. He pointed to the chair right beside the front of his bed so I sat on it.