Chapter Seven

Pierce's P.O.V

I wait outside his door for the past three days trying to talk to him and cool down his childish temperament. He wouldn't allow it. Instead of discussing things with me like a grown adult, he instead would send some of his servants to tell me his answer which I found to be quite ridiculous and petty. Why is he so mad at me at something so little? I was nothing but honest with him.

Sometimes you cannot be so honest with certain people, I suppose.

I watch as another one of his attendants walks into his room with a tray full of fruits making me sigh. Another servant comes by and looks at me with sympathy and smiles warmly at me. ". . .Why hasn't he left out his room yet?"

" He has. He just uses a different door."

My eyes fall away from his as I begin to find humor in his face. " Why won't you just go in there and talk to him? I'm sure you must be tired of trying to catch him."

". . .Certain rules must be followed. I cannot enter another's quarters without permission, especially someone of high rank."

" This isn't your pack. Those rules are naught to us."

" They're not naught to me and I still adhere to them," I state stubbornly making him shake his head.

" Enjoy your stay," He says sarcastically and walks away from me. I huff out and slam my fist against the wall. " Damn brat." Why does he cause me to lose my temper so easily?

I get up and stand warily at the door not wanting to go in without full permission. It has been ingrained in me since I was very young to follow pack protocol and now I am on the verge of breaking one of the golden rules of hospitality all because of some brat.

My hand falls on the door handle and with a gentle push I open it and see Cassius' figure under the covers with pillows covering his head. " Go away Marcel. I don't want any fruits, biscuits, or whatever my mother told you to prepare for me. Send it back." He says numbly. I see him shift slightly under the covers as he lets out a moan.

A low guttural sound comes from me as I hear him surprising both myself and him. Mine! My wolf shouts full of irritation and lust. Before I can take another step further Cassius' head pops up and eyes me warily. "I said I didn't want anything else to do with you. Go. Leave this pack."

"I'm not going to leave just because you tell me to." I say evenly as I continue my timely approach to him. "Stop acting like such a child and talk to me."

His eyes narrow in anger. " A child? You think I am acting like a child?" He yells madly. "Get out."

"No."

He puts a pillow back over his head, but I snatch it away and throw it on the floor causing his eyes to widen. No matter how I look at him he is nothing but gorgeous. . .and a brat. I feel my eyes shifting into an icy blue as I stare at him. My knees lean against the bed while I throw off the rest of the pillows surrounding him.

The specks of green in his eyes begin to melt into the dark amber of his iris causing it to become a light honeyed color. My fingers begin to trail through his auburn hair as I pull the blanket from over his head. It's soft and thick betraying its light and thin appearance. " You're such a brat. . ." I say lowly.

"I'm not acting like a brat!" He shouts madly while smacking my hand from the top of his head. "Stop touching me unnecessarily." I feel his foot connect with the outside of my thigh once then twice. "Get off my bed now."

I growl at this causing him to look at me. I grab his leg before he can make an attempt to get any further away from me and start to pull him towards me making him clutch onto the sheets for dear life. That only causes a smirk to appear on my face. "Let go of me!"