Chapter: Ending Extra

"Cassius!"

I struggle against his hold until he finally lets go of me and throws me onto the forest floor.

"The Goddess knows I want to kill you right now!" he snarls. "But for Pierce's sake I won't. Get it together! You cannot go back!"

"I must." I pick myself back up, but he grabs my arm before I can get too far away from him.

"This isn't what he would want."

"I don't care! This...this is what I want. He is my mate! Don't you understand that?"

"Very well. That is the main reason why I wanted to be rid of you," he seethes causing his grip on me to tighten to the point to where it's painful.

"Listen to him for once. Come back with me." I shake my head as tears begin dripping down my face. I tug my arm away from him, but he only captures it again and drags me further into the forest.

"Don't bother. You have another day until you can challenge me. Right now, you are weak with only a third of your strength left and it's drained almost completely. It's better if you come willingly or, so help me Goddess, I will throw you over my shoulder like a sack of flour!" he growls.

"Stop the tears. Stop crying, for Goddess sake! You think you're the only one who can feel deeply for him? I loved him well beyond the time he first met you and I'll be damned if you go and make a disappointment out of me."

"...He promised me," I mumble out weakly as I notice his eyes becoming watery as well.

"Yea? Well...promises are never meant to be kept. Everyone knows that. Don't expect me to feel sorry for you."

"I don't expect anything from you. If you feel as deeply as I do, then come with me. If you cannot, then just let me go. I must be with him."

"Well, you can't be. You want to know why? It's because of you! All of this is because of you!"

I let out a shaky sigh before shaking my head.

"He was my Beta! He was my friend! Goddess knew I wanted to be with him and you knew that," he seethes. "Yet, you deterred him away from his rightful path, rightful place, and rightful mate. This war may never have happened if you would not have went on and pursued that kind of relationship with him. You knew who he was and you knew what it would lead to."

"If loving him is so wrong then so be it. It feels nothing but right to me and truly that is all that matters," I say through unshed tears.

"You brought on this war because of your childish, unrequited feelings...do not put the blame on me. I wanted peace and you wanted blood. You got what you wanted and now we all bleed."

"If I did not swear to Pierce I would not snap your neck, I would." My eyes flick to his black ones massing with anger.

"I've lost too much in a span of two days to worry over empty threats. You cannot possibly understand how I feel because you are incapable of feeling anything but bloodlust."

I watch his hands crumple into fists and his teeth grind against one another.

"I can't think. I can't move. I can't stop these tears from coming from my eyes no matter how much I try because it's unbearable. I have no one left, nothing left...but myself. If this is what you wanted...I hope you are overjoyed with happiness."

"No, I am not simply because I wanted you dead." He glares into my eyes causing mine to narrow.

"Yet here you are, still alive."

"Alive? If this is what you define as living...then truly I wish to be dead."