Chapter Thirteen

Cassius' P.O.V

Just as I finish hearing the qualms and worries of my people I feel her presence approaching like an omen unable to escape it. She rounds the corner and enters the room causing my eyes to fall before meeting her light green ones that sparkle with so much life.

Grimm begins to make his timely approach to her but I call him off. I'm going to speak to her sooner or later. I want to get this over with. "Leave us. Grimm. Stevens." I say making sure they leave as well. They both give me a low bow before leaving out the same door she came in from.

I close my eyes as I feel her approaching even closer. Once I open them again she is only an arms length away from me making my wolf more than livid. ". . .I don't know what name is appropriate to call you by-"

"Cassius is fine." I say with an emotionless voice causing her to sigh and look at me again. 

"Cassius. . .I know you're displeased with our. . .arrangements and let me assure you I am not too fond of it either. To be sold off like cattle because of the blood I have in my body is demeaning. But yet, neither of us can change the situation we are in. It is best if we. . .do the best with what we have." My eyebrow raises at this.

"You and I have nothing." I state not caring about the emotions I would stir.

"We do share one common thing and that's the reluctance we have to marry." My lips purse as I eye her with some suspicion looming in my mind. What is she up to? Westerners are known to be cunning and sly little things.

"Once we marry, we don't have to see one another. You can have other women if it so pleases you." I let out a puff of air before getting up and closing in the little space separating us. "It may work like that over in your territory but here, mates are sacred. Fornication is worse than sin. It's worthy of death." 

Her eyes falter from mine as she clasps her hands together almost as if she is about to pray. She tries strengthening her resolve which only causes me to smile a little. "I. . .I have no interest in you as you have no interest me. It would be a rather cold, distant, and lonely marriage indeed." I nod my head while removing some of her loose blonde strands of hair from out of her face.

She has plump, kissable lips and thinly arched eyebrows ,which makes her all the more gorgeous to look upon. Her hair is soft and flowy giving her an ethereal feel. Even the open skin showing through her shirt makes her skin look smooth and inviting, but I direct my gaze elsewhere. 

"You love someone else. . .is that it?" I ask straight to the point. Usually that is always how it works. Some secret lover somewhere. Her body tightens as her eyes slowly come to meet mine. "No. . ." It comes out as nothing more than a soft mumble causing me to tilt my head unconvinced. "Since we're being so open I'll tell you I have no interest in . . ." My mouth opens at this but no words come out as I feel the word she wants to say hanging thickly in the air.

"Well, thank the Heavens for that, for I have no interest in having any intimate relations with you either." Her eyes widen and a small smile begins to cover my lips. I believe we will be able to get along just fine.

She lets go of the breath she had been holding and lets out a shaky laugh. "Thank the heavens indeed. " Her smile is as bright as day taking me aback. She is a beautiful woman, that she is.

"I'm not fond of dresses and formal attire. I hate formal events and I even more so dislike my father for selling me like some kind of cheap whore." I can't help but laugh at her pure honesty and nod my head. "Wear whatever you like. I don't care. Your father will be gone by tomorrow." I let my hand rest on her chin before taking it away.