Chapter Nineteen

Cassius' P.O.V

I pace back and forth nervously biting on my lip and fidgeting with my hands. Without a doubt, I can say he has brought out all these unfavorable emotions out of me all within a month's time. I can truly say he drives me absolutely mad.

My eyes look across the vast amount of trees looking for any indication of Pierce's arrival. There is none. All I hear is the ever present sound of the birds chirping, leaves tussling, and the scattering footsteps of many forest animals.

Is he ever going to come? He must come. He has to. My eyes lower and I continue my pacing until I feel my face bump into something solid with the smell of a manly, forestry musk bouncing off it. As soon as I look up I'm greeted by his smiling green eyes which causes a deep blush to go straight across my face.

I notice I've been doing that more and more often as of late. It's embarrassing and really reveals just how small I am compared to him. I come up to only his chest.

A fake cough comes from me as I distance myself from him. "Sorry, I did not. . .sense you there." It's strange just how well he can hide his scent and presence. Usually only Alpha's has that sort of ability. It's rare that he has it.

"It's fine." He gives me a quick look over before focusing his attentions on a near by tree. It causes me to me to become a little more than a little self-conscious.

I look myself over before my eyebrows furrow in confusion. I'm not wearing anything too formal so. . .My mouth opens as it dawns on me making me smile a little. He can't help it I suppose.

"Let's. . .take a walk." I look up waiting to hear his response to my suggestion. Instead of saying anything he just starts heading in the same direction I was planning on us heading in.

I decide to walk by him unsure of his reaction to me being this close to him, but he doesn't say anything. All I hear is the silent, rhythmic crashing of water over the banks and sides. I can even hear his silent breaths.

". . .You know. . .I had a brother. He was everything a successful heir to the throne should be. He was kind, compassionate, patient, understanding, forgiving even. He was everything I'm not." This causes him to look at me but I continue on.

"I was never meant to inherit the throne. . .especially not at fourteen but it happened.

. . .As you know my father died at the hands of your old Alpha. It left me very bitter up until I met you. I was on the verge of enacting the plan to kill off your Alpha, but you somehow changed my mind. No, It probably wasn't even that. All my time and emotions were spent on you versus that and soon I just didn't really have to motivation to go through with it."

"So you didn't. . ." I shake my head and look at him. "If I would have done that the entire family of them would be in the ground right now. When I do things I always do it thoroughly." He stops abruptly making me sigh inwardly at my tactlessness. Sometimes, I can be just too honest and blunt.

"The reason why I'm saying all of this to you now is because I want to be as open and as honest with you as possible. I want to regain your trust. I never meant to hide anything from you Pierce. Circumstances just wouldn't allow it and I'm truly sorry."

I grab his hand in mine forcing him to look at me. ". . .Forgive me."

He slides his hands away from my grasp causing me to become even more disheartened than before. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to lose him. . .but obviously he just can't stand the thought of being with someone. . .like me.