Chapter Twenty-Four

Cassius' P.O.V

I grimace at the wounds that are trickling down my sides with pain. The wounds on my body is sprinkled with gashes and cuts still yet to be treated. A majority of them is from that wretched wolf over there. However, I do not care. All that I am worried about is...Goddess...Pierce.

Pierce.

I struggle with the metal rope binding me to the floor. Every time I try to rise, it only seems to dig deeper, but I do not mind the pain. The pain coursing through my heart is far much worse.

Why hadn't you answered my prayer Goddess? All I asked, all I wanted was for him to stay far away from here. I never wanted him here!

A burning sensation begins to surface to my eyes making me shake my head at the terrible thoughts running through my mind.

"Pierce," I whine trying to stifle another cry. Please be okay.

"Whining and whimpering is not going to save him, little King," I hear Isaac say. It only makes me ball my hands up into fists.

"This is all of your doing! Isn't it?"

"Look around us. Let's not play the blame game, shall we? It will not solve an inch of our problems we are facing right now."

I scoff and shake my head. "Piece of shit."

He tries to lunge at me and I reciprocate the action even though I know I won't be able to reach him. He killed so many of my kin all for what? For a thousand year grudge?

"Enough! Both of you."

We both turn our heads facing a blood covered were. His brown hair is caked in blood, dirt, and grime. All I can truly make out it the color of his strange grey-green eyes.

"Bickering and arguing is not going to bring back the dead and dying! It sure as hell is not going to bring back Pierce."

My eyes widen.

"He's not..." I shake my head back and forth. My eyebrows furrow together at the deplorable thought. He could never...

"Cassius, Pierce, was a great friend of mine. A true best friend and an even greater Beta... but he isn't..."

"You lie!" Isaac cuts in as I sit there still, motionless.

"You and I both saw that arrow drenched and made of silver go through his chest!" the man cries unable to hold back his tears any longer.

"...He can't possibly be...I would have felt it..."

"AH yes, because being his 'chosen' mate automatically makes you form an 'unbreakable bond' that can transcend both time and space." Isaac goes on to drawl condescendingly causing me to glower.

"Yes, that is exactly it. A bond that you will never be able to have with anyone else. You heathen," I hiss.

"See all the good it done him," he mocks, but there is nothing but sadness coming from his voice. "Illogical, dim-witted wolves you are... You killed my Beta! My best-friend!" He yells at me with tears streaming down his face causing my heart to fall straight into the pits of my stomach.

"You did this! You did all of this! For what? Petty revenge? He meant...He means everything to me and you-! You..." I turn my head away and bite down against my lip resisting the urge to shake from all this pent up rage and emotions.

"Alphas! Enough! We must focus. Our livlihoods are at stake. Our packs, our territories have crumbled." I look at him with watery eyes threatening to come spilling out at any moment.