Chapter Five

Pierce's P.O.V

I eye Gabriel carefully as I see him trying to keep some of the men here in line while throwing glances at Lily in the process. I found this to be unbelievably amusing and sad at the same time. Anyone with eyes can see how hopelessly in love he is with that girl. He goes on and does exaggerated motions with his hands and legs making me smirk. He's just trying to be cool in front of her. It's almost cute.

So it's like this Gabriel. . .?

I hope he is able to snap out out of this before the end of next month arrives. A love like that with this pack can only lead to one or two things: His life ending or Her life ending. There is not much gray area in the matter. Our Alpha has made it clear that he would not accept any mixed breeds or fraternization of any kind with any other pack. So I really just don't understand why he is putting himself through all this.

As I draw my attention away from the spawning love birds I see the men staring at me taking me by complete surprise. I registered nothing but lust and need in their eyes making me fill with uneasiness. Never have I thought men of all people would be attracted to me to this degree. What really shocks me is that fact that they don't care about showing it outwardly.

Gabriel smacks one of them in the head playfully. "Get back to work. There is no time for gawking and I'm one hundred percent sure he doesn't want any one of your asses so you mine as well give up." They start laughing at the first part but the laughter dies down just as quickly as it started when he says something about them as well.

I advert my eyes away from him as I try to hold in a smile of complete and utter humor. Never would I have thought I would be looked at as a piece of meat. My how the tables turn...

"Pierce you're nothing but a distraction to them," He says dryly as he comes over towards me making me sigh and shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not use to attention like this. But I could get use to it." He nudges me making me laugh.

"Over here, no matter if you're a man or woman, they recognize beauty when they see it and I suppose they see a tremendous amount of it in you. Maybe it's the color of your eyes, you know how they change colors and all or maybe the darkness of your hair. They're use to light eyes and light hair. You may be seen as something exotic." He wiggles his eyebrows causing me to roll my eyes.

However, I nod my head at this explanation. "Figures. Well either way, I'm not getting involved with any of them."

He scoffs trying to hold in a laugh. "Well, of course." He says with so much amusement he takes me by surprise again.

"What?"

"Nothing, just that Cassius would string them by their necks even if they tried anything." My eyes narrow at the sound of his name. Every time it's uttered I feel a lightness in my chest which relaxes me to an extent for some unknown reason.

"...He doesn't seem like the type to do that."

This causes both Lily and Gabe to break out into pure fits of laughter.

"Oh God Pierce you're so funny." He says while hitting me as he laughed. Lily joins him in his laughter before focusing back on the men and their forms.

"...I was being serious."

"You only seen the. . .well. . .nice side of him. I don't even think I should even call it that." He scoffs while diverting eye contact from me.

"You seem to know him well. Who is he?" I ask bluntly.

"...a good friend." His voice comes off soft as some sense of nostalgia runs through it. " He was one of the first people to open up to me, an outsider. Because of this, a lot more people became much more accepting of the fact of me staying here. I wasn't ostracized and treated badly because of him. I owe a lot to him."