Chapter Twelve

Pierce's P.O.V

Every moment that passed by with Isaac was hell. Words could not explain the kind of special torment I endured all for the sake of my father and the loyalty I had sworn to this pack years and years ago. Nothing is inherently wrong with him. He's just. . .different. I expected him to change in a way that was better for the pack not worse.

I am his Beta. Not an Alpha. He cannot keep shrugging his duties on me and going off to do dumb things only a child would care to think of in his position. I huff out madly as I stamp and sign the last of the documents left on the desk for me. I am not a secretary.

"Oh. Pierce. You're still here." Isaac asks drunkenly while holding a she-wolf in each arm. It took all of me not to glare daggers into his soul right now, instead I nod my head.

"Someone had to do it and it surely wasn't going to be you."

"A little snippy don't you think? It's Saturday. Go grab a drink." He walks inside his office and gives me a strong pat. "No need to be like this. Relax." His hot breath comes wafting towards me causing me to turn my head and nod silently. I will not allow him to run this pack into the ground.

"As you say." One of his hands find their way into my hair tousling my hair this way and that.

"You have such fine hair. . .thick, dark, straight locks of hair that is silky under the touch." I grab his wrist gently into my hand and take his hand away from me. "You're drunk."

"Amber, Lisa. Go take him to room and have him lay down. He needs to rest." I get up from his seat and tower a good four inches over him.

"Don't listen to him. Just leave." I give him a questionable look, but he doesn't even bother to look at me. Instead he goes and sits in the chair I just got up from making me turn around and eye him warily. ". . .You need to sleep."

"Don't tell me what I need. As I do recall, I have a mother." A sigh escapes me. After spending seven hours of the day doing the paperwork for both him and I for the past month, I've grown extremely tired of this and him. Everyone has their own way of grieving. I understand. But he is taking his "method" too far, to the point to where lives are at stake.

"I know I must be exhausting." I blink a couple times and turn to look at him. "Forgive me." He says as soberly as he possibly can. "I don't have anyone I can rely on, but you."

"I wouldn't necessarily call it relying at this point." He starts to laugh, but I find nothing that I just said funny. "You've done nothing but shrug your duties onto me. I'm doing your work and as of right now you're merely just holding a title."

"So. . .you're saying I'm using you?"

"Practically." I scoff out. "I lost my father too, but I know when enough is enough Isaac."

"So. . .you want me to find comfort in a different way?"I look at him completely drained of this conversation. He has been acting like a complete child. He is twenty-three. There is no excuse for his past actions.

"Pierce."

I close my eyes annoyingly and open them only to be tugged down by my belt loops towards his face. "You have the most gorgeous eyes. . .and a nice smile as well. It's no wonder all the she-wolves want to date you. You leak sex appeal and just by your physique alone they know they'll be taken care of. . .whoever that lucky she-wolf might be."

I blink a couple times not knowing what to say to that. "And your lips. . ." I push away from him and narrow my eyes. "Isaac now isn't the time for this."

"Who is it?"

". . ."

"You would never act like this. . .after all the other times. Now you act as if you cannot accept a simple compliment." His hand brushes down my chest causing me to back up a little further. "You're drunk."