Chapter 46

“I am not just one but all of you and so much more.” Annjelica stood in the middle of the ballroom, under the same spot she’d stood when the lightning had lifted her into a new dimension that night, which now seemed a million years away.

It was midday and the vaulted ceiling was open allowing the warm sun to shine down on her surrounding her in a golden light. Her aura of strength reached out and touched every Elder and member of the Lycan council. They were all stunned at the ability she had to connect with all of them telepathically at the same time.

A voice from somewhere at the back of the ballroom echoed defiantly across to Annjelica, “Explain yourself.”

Annjelica caught her mother’s thread of thought even though it was not meant for her.

‘Diago, oh no.’

‘Mama, why do you fear this inferior vampire?’

‘It’s a long story, if it wasn’t for Vampuric’s family he would have raped me, while pregnant with you, and you’d have been born without my knowledge while I was in an unconscious state.’

‘Do not fear him Mama; I will deal with him now. He has no control over me.’

‘Be careful Annjelica, I have no idea why he is here, or how he became a member of the Elders. Something is not right.’

Their thoughts flitted across to each other rapidly as Annjelica held Diago’s gaze. She accepted her mother’s warning and would hold him in her sights for the duration of the meeting.

“Maybe it would be better if I were to show you Diago, as you appear to require visual proof rather than just my word.”

Diago was taken aback that she knew his name and even more so when she telepathically invaded his thoughts.

‘I know what my mother suffered at your hands and believe me when I tell you I am not done with you yet.’

Diago felt his resolve weakening under her scrutiny, but held his ground.

Raphael, one of the oldest members of the Elders stood up and said, “I apologize for the intrusion, but Diago is my relation and he pleaded with me to attend this meeting.” He said bowing slightly to Annjelica and then addressed Diago. “Know your place Diago, you are just an invited guest and not allowed to speak at this assembly. You are here to witness only.”

Annjelica acknowledged the Elder’s apology and reading Diago’s thoughts realized he was challenging her and felt now was not the time to deal with his inappropriate behavior.

‘We will meet again Diago, but now is not the time.’ Annjelica twisted her thoughts through his mind, making sure he knew she was not to be trifled with.

“I believe it will be best for all concerned if I demonstrate my abilities and I promise no harm will come to any of you, all I ask is that you open your minds to the impossible and allow me to reach in and touch your thoughts unreservedly.” She smiled warmly at all the eyes that now watched her intently. “I ask that you remain silent and allow me to demonstrate all of my abilities at this one moment in time.”

What transpired next frightened the guests as Annjelica delved into their minds and extracted a hidden secret from each mind revealing this secret to them in telepathic waves. It was as if she was actually walking through the labyrinth of their thoughts, digging up a past they’d long forgotten and buried. All twenty of the guests sat spell bound by this ability and couldn’t believe there was more to come.