Chapter 29

Alexandria suddenly felt a rush of emotions generated from her daughter; she smiled and quietly pushed open her daughter’s bedroom door and saw the empty glass on her dressing table and noticed the open window. Her thoughts wavered for a moment and after hesitating briefly she touched Annjelica’s mind ‘Be careful darling, we don’t know the strength of your powers yet when you are emotionally charged. Remember he is human.’

Annjelica acknowledged her mother’s thoughts, ‘Yes Mama.’

Alexandria felt satisfied she had touched her daughter’s mind with her motherly concern and that Annjelica had acknowledged her before she closed her mind and concentrated all her attention on Lyell.

A gentle breeze blew across the lake teasing Annjelica’s nose with the smell of the approaching storm, but she instinctively felt it would not be as dramatic as the previous storm and no danger to Lyell. As the sky grew darker with heavy black clouds and sheet lightning reflected off the lake she gave herself to Lyell, opening her body to his every movement, engulfing him in her love so long denied.

~~~

Lyell moved slowly wanting this moment to last forever. He’d never felt as intoxicated as he felt right then. As his body moved over hers it felt like liquid silk, so perfect and soft. She smelled like roses and when he felt the slight resistance of her virginity he stopped and looked deep into her eyes. “Annjelica ….” Realizing it was not only their first time together, but her first time ever; he had to know that she really was there with him and not just caught up in the moment.

Annjelica silenced him with a deep passionate kiss, wrapping her arms around him even tighter she pulled him closer and as she felt herself tear an unexpected cry tore from her throat. She dug her nails deep into his skin crushing him deeper into her body.  At that moment the heavens echoed her cries and the clouds released their burdens.

Sheet lightning lit up the heavens and drenched the lover’s bodies in a surreal glow. Annjelica’s body glistened like diamonds as her excitement grew. Her arms and legs curled around Lyell’s strong trembling body as he moved slowly deep within her. Their lips locked in endless kisses. Her nails dug deep into his back as she felt a surge of power igniting a flame in the pit of her stomach. Her body convulsed and arched up into Lyell’s as he crushed his hips against hers, feeling the urgency in her movements he picked up the pace and followed her lead, bringing her to her to her peak as her flower of innocence exploded around his manhood.

Lyell’s body shuddered, breathing heavily he gasped as a spikey tingling sensation ran through him. He was unaware of her nails dragging down his back leaving traces of blood on his skin.  He had never felt as alive as he did at this moment, his whole body vibrated and burnt like fire but at the same time felt ice cold. 

Neither of them noticed the rain that poured down over them, nor the lightning that showered them in pools of light. Their bodies too locked in love’s embrace to notice or hear anything but each other’s heartbeat.

Lyell held onto his release until the very last phase of Annjelica’s climax and gently pulled himself out of her body. Resting on his elbows he kissed her swollen lips tenderly allowing his own release to filter into the sand. How he managed to control himself even surprised him, but realizing at the last possible moment neither of them were prepared, he released outside of her body. Cursing himself he made a mental note to make sure he was always prepared from now on.

Cradling Annjelica’s body in his arms he could feel the tremors as her spasms subsided. He lifted her chin and looked into her eyes and for an instant he thought they looked silver and glowed, but immediately dismissed this crazy idea believing it to be the reflection of the lightning that was incredibly bright and lighting up the entire area. It was then that he became aware of the rain which had now settled into a gentle shower and the sheet lightning began to diminish and fade into the distance.

“Annjelica, Honey, are you okay? We need to get out of this rain.” Lyell whispered, but it was then that he noticed her eyes were closed and the breath that escaped from her lips in little clouds seemed to sparkle. A rush of emotions suddenly overwhelmed him, the love he felt for her being the most powerful, but a niggling fear that somehow he had hurt this mysterious beauty he held in his arms and now she’d fainted.

Lyell gathered her lifeless body up into his arms and carried her gently back to the cottage. By the time he’d reached the cottage the rain and lightning had stopped and the thunder rumbled off in the distance. Pushing the doors open with his foot he carried her up to his room and laid her gently on the bed. He stared down at her and was shocked to see how pale she looked; her naked body seemed to glow. A knot of fear bubbled up inside him. He rushed into the bathroom and grabbed the heated towels off the towel rail and covered her body. ‘Oh damn! What if the lightning caught her somehow without me noticing? I was kind of lost in the sensations, was I that lost that I didn’t notice something was wrong?’

Lyell’s thoughts raced round his head as he lifted the duvet to cover her over the heated towels, fearing her pale colour indicated she was cold. “What am I going to tell your parents? Annjelica, please open your eyes and tell me you’re alright.” He pleaded. Moving her hair off her face his fingers tingled when he touched her skin. He frowned and stared at his fingers and tentatively brushed her cheek with the back of his hand and there it was again, a tingling sensation. It was then that he noticed how hot she was, her skin was literally burning up. Fearing the worst he pulled the covers off and shook her roughly.

~~~

Alexandria tried desperately to reach out to her daughter when she noticed the strange lightning sheets that lit up the entire heavens for miles around. She knew in her heart that her daughter had something to do with this and her concern was for the man she was with and how it had affected him. If Annjelica had hurt him in any way she would never forgive herself. The regret would affect her worse than heartbreak. Her child had powers they did not understand and were only now beginning to see the effect they had on her surroundings. If the heavens could be altered by her emotions what else would they soon discover.