Chapter 73

A thunderous roar tore down the underground tunnel they were standing in. The ground shook violently as if a volcanic eruption was about to take place. All the lights on the platform blew out with a loud popping sound.

***

Diago’s anger erupted when he discovered Arianna was missing. He ran down the hallway to Annjelica’s room and stopped dead in his tracks at the door. When he reached for the key round his neck and couldn’t find it he ripped off his shirt, but there was no trace of it in his clothes. He turned the knob and in his anger at finding it locked he ripped it off. His eyes flamed like red coals as he blew a red hot flame at the door lock. It melted instantly and he kicked the door open.

Diago stared at the empty bed and roared. “I am DaggerDarkStar, Master of the underground and no one takes what is mine!” A deathly roar erupted from his throat that echoed through every passage, tunnel and hallway.

He spun round and left the room and raced towards his room where he had left Alexandria asleep. When he opened the door and found she was gone too, his anger knew no boundaries. Balls of fire formed in his hands as he threw them at the bed. He levitated into the air and spinning round threw fire balls in every direction setting the room ablaze.

“Arianna!” He screamed. “Your blood is mine. I will drink you dry witch.”

His body vibrated with rage turning from the pale, immortal hue to a fiery orange. His eyes were dead bolt red, his vision now razor sharp as he raced along the passage following the scent of the women who had escaped his clutches.

Throwing the door open to the tube tunnel he stood on the tracks facing the oncoming train. He stood his ground and threw his darkest magic as it hurtled towards him. A wall of fire rose up in front of the speeding train. Vines as thick as a man’s arm grew up in front of him. A bottomless pit opened up by his feet as he levitated.

Diago laughed as he watched the train crash through the firewall and vines and fall straight down into the pit. “Aaaaahhhhh… Mother Earth you will have to try harder to outwit me.” He took off down the tunnel and looking back over his shoulder he smirked. “I will claim your daughter and turn her heart to ice.”

***

As the earth shook violently beneath their feet Arianna and Wolfe lost their hold on Annjelica and Alexandria as they stumbled and fell to the ground.

Arianna, Wolfe and Vampuric watched helplessly as the two women rolled away from them. The ground heaved as it tossed them out of their reach bursting open causing a great divide between them and Annjelica and Alexandria.

Arianna grabbed Vampuric’s arm before he tried to make the jump across. “Look!” She shouted above the roar of the earth’s movements.

They looked across the wide gap that now separated them from Annjelica and Alexandria and stared in amazement as they witnessed the two women roll into each other’s arms. Alexandria’s arms folded around Annjelica and a brilliant white light engulfed them, blinding them and hiding them from view. The light dulled to a soft glow. Wolfe gasped as he watched his wife and daughter rise up holding hands. Their skin glowed with a silver radiance he had never witnessed before. Their eyes were orbs of light and he couldn’t tell if they could see him or not.

A guttural sound so deep it vibrated through their bodies, but before they had time to turn around Annjelica and Alexandria flew straight passed them and confronted Diago as he stood just a short distance behind Arianna.

Diago was taken off guard by the two women he had put to sleep, now being awake and was halted in his attempt to grab Arianna.

It was in this off guarded moment that Annjelica and Alexandria threw out lightning bolts at Diago. His attention was only misplaced for a second and he dodged the bolts just in time. He answered with fire balls, but aimed them at Arianna, Wolfe and Vampuric.

Annjelica moved like lightning and intercepted the balls of fire with a wave of water.

Diago threw up a black cloud of suffocating smoke which obscured his presence.

In that instant to the amazement of all, Annjelica and Alexandria morphed into one being of pure white light, which filtered into every dark crack in the tunnel. It surpassed anything even Arianna had ever seen.

The light penetrated the dark cloud surrounding Diago and they witnessed his body burning with an orange flame. He rose into the air and flew straight at Wolfe and Vampuric. Arianna threw up her shield and wrapped her arms around the men. Annjelica and Alexandria came in from behind and bonded with Arianna’s shield. A thunderous crash ricocheted throughout the underground tube tunnels of London city as the fiery darkness of Diago met the brilliant white shield of the women.

Diago fell backwards, stunned his dark powers had not destroyed them and disappeared down the gap that had opened up on the platform.

Above ground London city was in turmoil as street lights exploded and every neon sign burst. Cracks formed in the roads and pavement and windows shattered. Alarms went off in every building and police sirens echoed through the city. Fire brigades and ambulances rushed to assist those in need as fires sprang up everywhere and manhole covers flew up in the air expelling dark smoke from the depths of the underground.

In the blink of an eye the bright light disappeared. Annjelica and Alexandria were nowhere to be seen.