Chapter 18

Amanda had been gone all this time, searching for an answer to Alex’s condition, when she suddenly came upon Diego with an unsuspecting victim falling under his spell and slowly slipping into his paralyzing trance.

She rushed at him with such force, knocking him to the ground punching him fiercely in his stomach.  Caught off guard he was dazed and the lucky lady fell to the ground in the dark, damp alley. Amanda gave the woman a quick glance, seeing her eyes glazed over, knew she was unaware of what was happening around her.  She grabbed Diego by his neck, threatening to remove his head from his body.  Her anger and guilt so intense, it doubled her strength and in that moment she knew she would kill him if he did not give her what she so desperately needed!

Diego knew he was no match for her strength fueled by her anger.  He remained motionless in her grasp, knowing if he moved she would surely kill him.  He immediately realised what she wanted and said, “If you let me go, I will help you and give you what you are looking for.”

“Run and I will hunt you down and tear you limb from limb and feed you to the Wolves!!” she replied furiously.

Remaining calm, he waited for Amanda to release him and then walked over to the woman lying in a paralyzed trance on the ground and lifted her head.  Turning her head to the side he felt for a knot in her neck. He forced it up towards her ear and then squeezed until it popped.  The young woman blinked, confused, and suddenly screamed.

Amanda immediately knocked Diego to the side, lifted the woman to her feet and said, “Go, run and don’t look back.” The woman took off running as fast as her extremely high stilettos would let her.

‘Ladies of the night’ risked life and limb when going down a dark alley with strangers. She was not oblivious to this fact and grateful to the strange woman who had somehow saved her from what she knew not, but did not hang around to find out.

Amanda looked round to find Diego. He was gone, having taken this moment to disappear himself, using the rooftops to make his getaway.  She decided not to waste any more time on him but make her way back as fast as possible, to undo what he had done and hopefully mend the relationship between the families and more importantly, bring Alexandria out of her trance.  Amanda took the next available flight home.