Chapter Nineteen

"Even in the familiar there can be surprise and wonder." --Tierney Gearon

~~A/N- Check out that amazing new cover on the right by LLaurenCClark! Also check out her amazing story, "The Dating Deal." I promise you won't regret it!(:~~

{Chapter Nineteen}

 There was only one thing on my mind right now: To kill Ben.

Not all the swears in the world could describe how pissed I was at him. I know this was a late reaction, but hey, you gotta let it out sometime. As soon as Nurse Drew pulled me away I began to boil up. My dad of course, did not let this whole incident go by that easily.

 So it was no surprise that he was lecturing me right now while eating his jumbo blueberry muffin in the hospital cafeteria. Nurse Drew had become really aggravated with me and let me out because (and I quote) “She’s perfectly healthy. I don’t see why we shouldn’t let her out considering she destroyed the whole hospital floor.”

  Okay, I had to admit that was a bit harsh. I’m glad that I’m out and stuff but seriously? I did not destroy the hospital. She kind of exaggerated on that part. Eh, it must be because of my horrid singing. Her ears must still be crying right now.

  “…this is perfectly fine because I guess you’re a teenager and crap, but you really shouldn’t be that hung up on one guy. He’s nice so don’t think that I’m judging him and stuff because that’s a complete…” My dad droned on and on about what I had done a few hours ago. Bits of muffin pieces fell from his chin, making me squirm.

  “Dad,” I interrupt him while he was in the middle of talking.

  “Hmm,” he said through his chewy muffin pieces.

  “First of all, don’t talk with your mouth full. That’s disgusting. And second of all, you don’t need to lecture me. I know that was stupid of me and I promise it won’t happen again. But I give you permission to stop the parenting role and chill out.” To any other average parent, my words would’ve gotten me in a whole lot of trouble. But to my dad, it was like Get Out of Jail card.

  He let out a sigh of relief. “Thank god. I thought I’d have to go further on with the whole ‘talk’ and stuff.”

  I bit my lip. “You wouldn’t have to worry about that,” I blurted out without meaning to. Damn.

  His eyes widened immediately. “Scarlet!”

  “Dad, I’m almost seventeen,” I whine. “I think I’m responsible enough to make my own decisions now. And as long as we’re using protection, we’ll be fine.”

 “Wait a minute. Who’s ‘we’re?’”  He raised an eyebrow.

  I swallowed. “No one. I-I’m just talking about in general. Like it could be anyone, not that I’m going to do it with a total stranger but you-you know…”

This was getting more and more awkward by the moment.

“I know,” he muttered under his breath. “I just feel like such a horrible parent not teaching you all this and not being here for you. It sucks that I don’t even know that old boyfriend of yours. Bob was it?”

I let out a laugh. “It’s Ben. And don’t worry about it.”

 He smiled. “I’ll make it up to you by getting some ice cream.”

 My eyes twinkled. “Mint chocolate chip with spiral of fudge and rainbow sprinkles?”

 “The one and only.”