Chapter Two

{Chapter Two}

jeal·ous·y Jealousy- The quality of being jealous; earnest concern or solicitude; painful apprehension of rivalship in cases nearly affecting one's happiness; painful suspicion of the faithfulness of husband, wife, or lover. 

The last time I saw Nate was two years ago. Well, two years and one month to be exact. I could still remember the exact shirt and what kind of cologne he was wearing. He had just taken a shower. His hair was damp and he smelled just like apples and some kind of cinnamon- scented axe.

  "You have no idea how much I'm gonna miss you," He told me in a soft voice.

  "Lies," I muttered causing him to laugh. "I'll miss you more."

  "You're the liar here," He said, pulling me closer to him. "Just promise me that when I'm gone, you won't forget me."

  "I wouldn't even if I tried," I responded. He pulled me close to his face and looked straight into my eyes. My breath caught in my throat as I stated into his sparkling blue eyes. In a shaky voice he said, "I love you."

  I squeezed his hands. "Love you more."

  After about fifteen minutes, it was time for the goodbyes. The goodbyes were what hurt the most. I absolutely despised them. The kiss was probably one of the longest ever. I doubt that we wouldn't have broken away if it wasn't for my mom. 

  Then came all the tears, hugs, and goodbyes. All of these led up to one big promise.

 We'll never leave each other.

 What we built together was more then a summer romance. It was actually kind of cheesy if you ask me. But I still loved Nate. I remember looking into his crystal blue eyes that day before saying goodbye to him.

  Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. All the emails and phone calls stopped. This was my cue of moving on.

  So I did; forgetting those deep blue eyes and all the memories that were held in them. 

  The same blue eyes that I was staring into right now. The moonlight shone brightly on his dark blonde hair. I could see that he had grown over the past two years. He had grown a lot.

  I was stuck between reality and fantasy. Was Nate really standing right in front of me?

I pinched myself.

  Yep, definitely real.

 "Who are you?" Ben asked, with confusion and anger in his voice. 

"Ben," I said, quietly. I don't even know if I had even spoken. I was still too shocked to even open my mouth.

  Nate scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Scarlet hasn't told you yet, has she?" Ben looked even more puzzled. He looked at me, then Nate, then back to me. Nate shot me a look as he continued on, "Of course she hasn't. She probably doesn't even remember me. She moved on. How many guys did she fuck after I left? 20? 40?"

  I took a step back and swallowed the hurt. Did Nate really just say that? Tears began to form around my eyes. Ben wrapped an arm around my shoulder, protectively. 

 "Are you kidding me? You seriously did not just make her cry." Ben told Nate in a hard voice.

  Before I knew what was happening-Ben punched Nate right in the nose. Nate looked puzzled as he took a step back. 

  "Stop!" I shouted. "Both of you."

  Both of their heads turned to me in unison. I noticed that Nate's fist was about to connect with Ben's head. "Nate! Don't." I threatened.