Chapter Fifteen

"You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, but she is beautiful because you love her." 

-Anonymous.

{Chapter Fifteen}

 It was still cool when Nate and I got back in the car. In fact, I think it got even colder.

 "Turn the heat on," I complained. "I'm freezing."

 He gave me a half smile. "Sorry, skittles." 

He did it again. He called me skittles. Not that I minded, but by calling me skittles, it meant that we were kind of official now. I snuggled in closer to him as he turned the heat on to HIGH. It felt nice to see that he was more comfortable around me again. His hand gently stroked my hair, making me feel all warm inside again. It was those feelings that Ben couldn't give me, no matter how hard he tried. Nate had some kind of magic touch to him. My whole body goes into shock when he touches me like that. 

 "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He murmured the question in my ear. I took a hold of his hand, which was still stroking my hair, and wrapped it around mine.

 "Yeah," I answered honestly, "but I'm probably not as hot as those 'beach blonde babes.'"

 Nate looked like he was about to snort, but he stopped himself. "No," he admitted.

 "You're not as pretty as those babes...you're more than that. You are so much more than that." 

 My cheeks started to flame again as he squeezed my hand. There goes him and his magic touch. "T-thanks."

 "Of course. I mean, what kind of boyfriend doesn't call his girlfriend beautiful? If he doesn't, well-then he's not worth keeping." Nate started to turn the radio on. 

 "I hope that was a rhetorical question," I say to him, "because I could name you a lot of guys who are the exact opposite of what you just said." 

 There were a few moments of static before some slow song came on the radio. Nate grinned. "Let's dance to this," he teased. 

 "Uhh, no. I don't even know this song," I stated. "Besides, that'll be way too cliché. This isn't some kind of high school movie." 

 "I know," Nate said, turning up the volume. "But this will be our song. So don't complain." 

 I listened at Plug In Stereo's "Oh Darling" came out. Then Nate did the most unexpected. He started to sing along. No, it wasn't his usual off-key, joking kind of way. He really sung. Like in a clear, amazing voice. 

 "Oh darling I love you so, if you asked me for my heart there's no way that I'd say no. Oh darling just take a chance please, so we can stay together 'till hell starts to freeze."

 I gawked at him until the song was over. He waved his hand in front of my face. "Hello? Scarlet?"

 I blinked rapidly and gave him a huge hug. "Oh my god! That was so amazing. I mean, it's probably the cheesiest song I've ever heard, but that was just so sweet!" I quipped. 

 He seemed kind of surprised. "Umm, thanks." 

 "And your voice. Holy crap, your voice. It was just so amazing," I blabbed on. "Where'd you learn how to sing like that? I can't even sing like that." 

 "You really liked it?" He asked me,  staring straight into my eyes. "Even if it was the cheesiest song ever, you still liked it?"

 "Duh," I responded. "This is totally our song. Who ever wrote this deserves an award."