Chapter Ten

Trust- Assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something.

{Chapter Ten}

The air outside made me shiver and clench my teeth in pain. I didn't remember it being this cold. It was freezing outside. I could barley see or hear anything- my stupid brain prevented me from doing any of that.

I am so screwed. So screwed, so screwed, so screwed.

A tall figure stood behind me and opened the passenger door for me. With a matter of seconds, the seat belt clicked on and we started driving away.

"God, I'm so stupid," I told the figure as I swayed in my seat. The world didn't want to stop swaying.

"Mmm, yes you are," The figure said. I recognized the voice. Nate glanced at me for a brief second before he started to tap his fingers on the steering wheel.

"I know. I'm stupid. I'm really stupid. I'm just really good at hiding it." I craned my neck to see him smirk.

"Nah, it shows."

"You know how stupid I am?" I asked.

"Mhmm," Nate mumbled. He started to check something on his phone.

"You're hot," I blurted out. "Like, wicked hot. Can I marry you?"

There was amusement in his eyes as he said, "Yeah, okay. Right after you get your drunk ass home you can."

I groaned and rested my head on the window, enjoying the coolness of it. "When will the world the world stop spinning?"

"Soon. So you think I'm hot?"

"Yep. Especially when you look at me like that. Ugh, my head hurts."

"Yeah, you've mentioned that already."

"Okay. I don't want to be repetitive. Why did I drink so much? Scarlet Caraway doesn't drink that much."

"Oh, is that so?" Nate questioned. "'Cause it seems like that Scarlet girl you're talking about has been a very experienced drunk. How many shots did she take?"

I didn't appreciate him talking about me as a third person. "I don't know" I muttered. "Maybe one or two...maybe six."

Nate's eyes widened. "Well that explains why you were sucking off another stranger's mouth."

"He was not a stranger," I replied in a dazed way.

"Oh really." One of his eyebrows shot up. "Then what was his name?"

I licked my lips and tasted some of the salt and lime that was there when I took the shots. "It was uh...Z-Zach...or something."

Nate smirked. "You didn't know his name."

"Shut up." I groaned. "See this is what I don't like about you."

"Umm what?"

"Never mind," I said quickly.

"Oh, no, please. Do tell me."

"Well, you're always jealous. I mean, seriously. What gave you the idea to come up and kiss me in front of Ben? You knew I was with him. You knew I liked him. And, yet you still kissed me." I could feel the intensity of Nate's stare. "But I have to admit- that kiss was hot. Like, wicked hot. I wanna marry you."

Nate sighed. "Not the marrying thing again. But thanks?"

I grinned. "You're welcome, husband."

"We're not married," he interjected.