Chapter Four

{Chapter Four}

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” --- Dr Seuss

Monday morning, I woke up with a bad cold and red eyes. I barley got any sleep last night. My thoughts were too busy revolving around Nate. And the conversation we had.

And the lemonade we drank.

And Ben's face when Nate kissed me.

This was one of those things you couldn't forget. My alarm clock went blaring off and instantly woke me up with a start. When I looked in the mirror- I almost fell back in shock. My mouse brown hair was tangled up in a curly mess, making me look like Ronald McDonald. But my eyes looked ten times worser.

It looked like I got drunk and had ketchup sprayed all over my eyes.

Grumpily, I went down the stairs and made myself a bowl of cereal. Halfway through it, the computer made a beeping noise signaling that someone wanted to chat.

Just like I assumed, it was my dad.

"Hey honey!" He wove frantically with a huge grin on his face. Just as I was about to reply back-he spoke up. "Jesus Christ. You like a zombie. What happened?"

"Well, good morning to you too," I mumbled under my breath. Dad let out a chuckle.

"Kidding kiddo. Oh, lol that sounds cool. Kidding kiddo, kidding kiddo." Dad seemed like he was in a whole new different world.

"Dad," I spoke up. He glanced at me for a brief second as if to say, what? "You don't use text language out loud while you're talking."

"Oh really?" One of his eyebrows went up. "Omg, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

I rolled my eyes. I knew he was trying way too hard to be sarcastic. I peered closer into the screen and asked, "Where's mom?"

Dad sighed. "She's out again. Some kind of business meeting I guess."

Of course she would be. "But she did say to tell you hi. She said you sounded kind of upset when you talked to her. Wanna talk about it?"

I grabbed a tissue and wiped my nose. "No," I answered, my voice sounding stuffier with each word. "Not really."

Dad shifted a little in his seat. His eyes were deep brown with worry. "Are you sure?"

I nodded before letting out a cough. "I'm sure."

"Okay then...well you don't sound so good. Are you going to school today?"

I pointed towards the cereal bowl. "Yeah, I'm going. Oh crap, I gotta go now."

"All right then. Drink some medicine, don't hook up with any boys"

I rolled my eyes. "I won't. Bye."

"Bye sweetheart."

Then the screen went blank turning into a black sheet. Grabbing my book bag, I headed out towards the door. The rain had already started. And I forgot my umbrella. Damn.

This was going to be a long day.

Ben was ignoring me, and it was seriously starting to piss me off. First of all, he didn't even bother to show up at my locker. And that was just the beginning.

In Chemistry, he sat with some Alison chick. I was left all alone with twice the lab work. Every time I caught him looking at me, he turned back with a hard look on his face. By lunch time, I was more then just pissed.

"You look like hell," Danielle commented as she put her tray down. "Like seriously, what happened?"

I groaned, pushing my food away from me. My head collapsed into my hands and I let out a long moan. "Natekissedme."