Chapter Thirteen~ Part Two

"We were given: two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given for someone else to find." -- Author Unknown

{Chapter Thirteen~ Part Two}

I had to admit that if anyone can pull of a ridiculous pizza costume, it'd be Nate. Standing there at the doorway, was Nate with some sort of amusement in his eyes. I wanted to ask so many questions, but I just stood there silently.

He gave gave me half a wave. "Uh, hey."

I blinked and realized I was gawking. Get yourself back to reality, Scarlet. "Hey," I managed to force out. "What are you doing here?"

He gave me a strange look and pointed to the white pizza box. "Delivering pizza as if that wasn't obvious."

Heat formed up my cheeks. "Oh, right. You never told me you delivered pizza."

He shrugged. "You never asked. Anyways, I needed some sort of job. I can't live on my dad's loan forever, you know."

"Right," I said, looking at the pizza. "Err, thanks...for the pizza." This conversation was getting really awkward. I decided to cover it up by shoving the bills in his face.

He shoved them back. "It's on me."

"But-"

"Hey." He looked straight into my eyes. I prayed to god that he didn't hear my heart beat. It was louder than a drum. "You're my girlfriend. You don't need to pay."

Now my heart was melting. Thanks, Nate. You could really tear up a girl in two seconds just by looking at them. "And what would your boss say about that?"

He grinned, making my heart into a pool now. "He wouldn't know. Is that right? Or else I'll be making you pay a tip."

I returned a stupid grin. "I won't tell anyone." Then I shoved ten bucks into his pockets. "If you keep the money."

He stuck his tongue out. "You sneaky twerp."

"Only the best." I was about to open the door for him to come inside when he said, "So what were you just blabbing about?"

Damn. I froze instantly. "I-It was nothing. I-I was just being dumb.

Yeah, that sums it up real clearly.

He tilted his head slightly. "Oh. Is that so?" I nodded. "You know, when people lie they usually blink or fumble with their fiber gets or something. But when you lie, you seriously give it away. So why were you soo happy to see me?"

"I didn't know it was you," I mumbled.

"Okay. Then why were you so happy to see the um, pizza guy." The thought made him frown a little but he covered it up.

"I-I was just so-"

"Oh, there you are!" A voice exclaimed from behind me. Amy made her way to me. "We were wondering what took you so long-" She glanced at Nate. "Now I know why."

Nate studied Amy for a little bit before giving me the pizza. "Hey. I'm Nate."

"Amy." She stuck out her hand, which Nate gladly shook. "I don't think we've met before."

"Oh, I just came back. I mean, I lived her before but I'm back now."

I looked at Amy. She couldn't stop staring at Nate. I her a little shove, snapping her back to reality. Nate seemed relived to get Amy's uncomfortable gaze off of him.

"Cool," she replied back to him. "Thanks for the pizza. You're actually pretty cute for a pizza delivery guy."

Nate gave her a strange look. "Thanks?"