Chapter Eight

{Chapter Eight}

"Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling"- Margaret B. Runbeck

"So why did you bring me here?" Nate asked for about the millionth time. I sighed, crossing you arms.

"I already told you," I answered. "I just want to spend some time together. We haven't actually hung out in a while."

Nate smirked. "You're trying to get me back."

If only he knew. "No. I was just...lonely. Some company wouldn't hurt, you know."

"Yeah I know," he replied back sarcastically. "So where we going?"

"It's where are we going," I corrected him.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever. But seriously. Where are we going?"

"Umm...anywhere." I bit my lip, forcing myself not to think about 'the plan' I tried not to think of how much it'll hurt Nate when he realizes that I've just been using him to get Ben back.

God. I felt like such a horrible person. Why did I ever agree to Danielle's stupid plan?

"Great. How about we go to the beach?" Nate suggested.

"What day is it?" I wondered out loud. One of Nate's eyebrows narrowed.

"Saturday, duh."

Saturday. Crap. No this will not work. My head snapped up in an instance. "No! We can't go to the beach."

Now both of Nate's eyebrows knitted together. "Can I ask why...?"

"No," I said quickly. "How about we go bowling?"

"Okay..." He sounded so unsure. He took his cell phone out of his pocket. Without looking up, he said, "Do you want take Jalyn?"

I groaned. "Oh please. Not with that stupid car."

"Hey," Nate said, defensively. "Don't hate on Jalyn. She's pretty amazing."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Fine. But I drive if we're taking her."

He gave me a flat look. "You are so not driving."

I grinned. "But I so am."

"No."

"Yes." I gave him a sneaky state and jumped on him. He seemed so surprised about my attack that he dropped his keys. Perfect. I smiled even wider. This was just what I needed. I quickly grabbed the keys and kept them save in my hands.

"Give me back the keys," Nate ordered. All the amusement wiped off his face.

"Nah." I held the keys up in the air as f to torture him. But then I realized that in one swoop- he could take it. He was five inches taller then me after all.

"You know with one swoop I could easily take the keys," Nate said with a smile on his face. Told you.

"I know." I returned the smile. "That's why I'm keeping them safe."

A confused look washed over his face. "What are you-"

I opened my shirt and put the cold keys into my bra. Hehe. "Wanna get it now?"

A disgusted look spread over his face. "No thanks."

"Please," I say. "It's not like you haven't looked down there before."

As soon as I said that, I covered my mouth up with my hand. Shit. Did I really just say that out loud?

His jaw hardened. "That was a long time ago, Scarlet."