The Other Is Gold

"You promise you'll love me forever and always?" He asked in a shaky breath. I pressed my forehead against his and smiled weakly.

"I promise."

I could feel the smile in voice as he said, "Good."

Then he gently put his hand on my chin and tilted my head forward. I knew these moments like it was the back of my hand. Our lips perfectly locked together and moved slowly in circular motion.

My mouth pressed against his with great force. He returned it back with just as much force. When we reached up for air, he mumbled, "You're so beautiful."

He lightly ran his fingers through my mouse brown hair. My own fingers were combing through his hair. Every time I touched him, I wanted more. I needed him. It was like having a summer where the sun didn't show up. He brightened my day with his smile, eyes, mouth, and basically any other part of him. We belonged to each other.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore. I crushed my lips to his. I could feel his grin get wider as he opened his mouth for my tongue to get in. His cheek felt warm and moist.

"Nate," I whispered.

He smiled his 100 watt smile at me. I felt my heart dip and beat a little faster. His smile could brighten up my whole body.

"Hmm?" He sighed a happy sigh and let me rest my head on his strong shoulder.

"I..." How was I supposed to say this? These words were so strong that it could change both our lives forever. I tried again.

"I love you."

As soon as those three words came out, I immediately regretted it.

He doesn't love me back.

The little voice inside my head spoke up.

Don't be stupid, Scarlet. Of course he loves you, idiot.

The little voice inside my voice was right.

"Babe, I love you too," He replied back smoothly, taking my hand. "Now come here."
I gladly accepted his big strong hand  and started swinging it back and forth like a love sick idiot. Nate took me at the far end of the beach. He took a seat and pulled me down. I giggled into his shoulder.

His strong hand ran over my back. I cuddled deeper into his lap. We stayed like that for a while until he nudged me lightly and said, "Look."

My eyes turned to where he was pointing. My breath caught in my throat when I saw it.

"Oh my god," I whispered. "It's beautiful."

The sun was setting over the horizon creating a orange-yellow color. The blue ocean water rippled across as the last glint of light shone on it.

"Not as beautiful as you," He said, making me blush like crazy.

"You're so cheesy." I gave him my wide grin.

"No. I'm just in love," He replied back.

I grabbed his hand and locked it together with mine. We both lay on our backs on the sand watching the sun set. My brown, messy hair spread across his broad shoulders. I glanced down at our hands. They looked perfect together, as if they were meant to be together.

In life, there are moments that take your breath away. If you could replay it over and over again, you would. We spend a great amount of our time daydreaming about these moments. These are the moments that you remember the most. They're the ones that make you forget about everything that's going on. It doesn't matter where you are, why you're there, or what you're doing. It could be a once in a life time thing, or it could just be a dream that doesn't stop. But whichever it is, it's impossible to forget these moments.
And this was one of those moments.

I remember this time with Nate as if it happened a second ago. Looking back, I realized that "Forever and Always" doesn't last very long.

I realized that love could break someone into a million pieces, but it could also put someone back together.

Nate moved on with his life, as did I. No, we didn't have a harsh breakup or anything. Nate had to transfer schools during the summer of 9th grade. I remember him telling me that even if he did move halfway across the world, our love could never stop growing.

We both knew that that wasn't possible...or so I thought.

Two years can change everything. The memories stick with you like glue, but sometimes it won't come in the way with you and your life.

So yeah, at first it was hard to deal with him not by my side. Forever and Always changed into months. But eventually, I moved on. The emails and phone calls stopped coming. And in a matter of months, all the flowers and kisses were thrown away as if it never happened.

March turned into April and everything was normal again. Never in my whole life did I think that Nate was coming back.

Boy, was I wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N-

New story(: Lol I had this saved on my phone for a while. At first I was like, WTF is this?

Haha. I don't exactly know where I'm going with this, but hopefully it'll get better. Thank you for reading! Tell me what you think, I would love to hear from you!<3