Chapter 20

Sadly, this is the final chapter of All Grown Up! But, do not fear!

THERE WILL BE A SEQUAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I have already started writing it, but I won't post the first chapter until probably tomorrow :) So, look out for that new story!

Enjoy!

~Carly <3

The next morning, I was making pancakes when Avery was the first to emerge from her room.

“Hi Daddy,” she yawned.

“Hi Avy, how was your date?” I asked.

“Really good. Logan is so sweet,” she said dreamily.

I chuckled and served out pancakes for her. “I’m glad! But, if he hurts you, I get to beat him up.”

“Dad!” she giggled.

“What? You’re my little girl; he’ll have to go through me,” I said.

Avery rung her hands nervously as she left her pancakes untouched.

“What’s wrong Honey?” I asked.

“I need to ask you something, but you can say no,” she said nervously.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I’m worried it will make you upset,” she said.

“Spit it out!”I laughed.

“I found a DVD,” she admitted. “While I was cleaning out the hall closet, and I want to watch it.”

My blood ran cold. “A DVD?”

“Yeah; it says Avery’s First Swim,” she said.

“Go get it,” I said tiredly while switching off the stove.

Avery’s socked feet sprinted down the hallway and I heard rummaging around until she sprinted back with the DVD. She handed it to me shakily and I held it tightly. I remembered this DVD like it was yesterday.

Avery noticed my sad expression. “I knew it would make you upset! Just forget about it Daddy.”

“No! Let’s watch it,” I said.

Avery ran excited to the living room and popped the DVD in before plopping down on the couch and pulling me with her. She cuddled to my side as the familiar picture started playing.

“Harry! Hold the camera still!” Charlotte giggled as I fumbled with it.

“I’m trying!” I laughed. “Okay, I think it’s rolling.”

Charlotte waded into the ocean while holding a baby Avery tightly and smiling at the camera. Avery giggled in delight as Charlotte poured some water onto her head.

“I think she likes it!” Charlotte called.

I laughed before following them into the shallow water.

“Here, let’s swap,” she said.

Now that Charlotte had the camera and I was holding Avery, I dipped her a little deeper until it went up to her waist. She squealed out happily and Charlotte laughed from behind the camera. I picked up Avery’s small hand and waved it to the camera. Charlotte angled the camera at both of us before kissing me sloppily on the cheek.

“Hey!” I laughed.

“I love you,” she said.

“I love you too,” I replied before kissing her properly on the mouth.

The DVD cut off on that spot and I heard Avery sniff. I looked down and saw her tearing up before I started to cry too.

“Oh Daddy!” she said before throwing her arms around my neck.

“What’s going on?” asked Emmet as he entered the room and noticed our crying forms.

“Nothing,” I said quickly. “I’m going to get ready.”

Before any more questions could be asked, I ran to my room and locked myself in the ensuite bathroom.

I remember filming that video.

Charlotte and I had decided to take a 7 month old Avery on Vacation to Spain. The beached there were gorgeous, and Charlotte decided she wanted to go back someday.

We had never gone back after that trip. There just wasn’t time with having the other kids and working out the One Direction mess.

Charlotte.

She looked so young and healthy in that video.

So happy.

Not like the last time I saw her.

10 years ago.

I miss her more and more every day.

Sometimes it’s physically painful how much I miss her.

My phone started to ring in my pocket and I fished it out before looking at it.

Unknown Number

Hm, that’s weird.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Oh! I’m so sorry; I must have the wrong number!” said a strangely familiar voice.

“Charlotte?!” I choked out.

The line went dead.