Chapter 7

NOTE: I love summer and having time to write! This chapter literally took 20 minutes since I was on a roll :) ENJOY! :)

As soon as I stepped through the front door, Harry was waiting with a sympathetic look on his face.

“Killian called,” he said as he held up his phone.

I let out a sob before running into his arms, my pregnant stomach resting in between us. Harry rubbed my back and whispered soothing words while leading me into the living room.

“The kids?” I choked out.

“They’re in bed, fast asleep,” he assured.

Harry laid down on the couch and pulled me on top of him before taking the car keys out of my hand, skillfully throwing them on the coffee table. I buried my wet face in his neck and breathed in his soothing scent as he ran his long fingers through my hair.

“I appreciate you trying to help,” he whispered.

I let out a humorless laugh before responding, “I think I did more damage than help.”

“Why is that?” he asked.

“I slapped Louis,” I said.

I saw him nod in understanding before saying, “That’s my girl.”

The rest of that night was spent cuddling, drinking tea, and talking about the new baby. Not one word was mentioned about our current problem with the boys, but we didn’t want to. For that night, we were in our own little world, where nothing could hurt us. That was our night to reconnect before we had to face hell the next day.

I woke up the next morning to Avery pulling back the duvet and curling up next to me, since it was still early. Harry had carried me to bed sometime after midnight when I had fallen asleep. I watched as Avery’s breathing slowed down and her eyelids fluttered shut, falling into her dream world. I brushed a lock of her brown hair behind her ear, smiling at her peaceful face.

At that moment, Harry walked out of our bathroom in just a towel, getting ready for his meeting with the boys and Simon. He smiled at our embrace before grabbing his iPhone and sending a picture to Twitter. As Harry leaned over the dresser to pick out a shirt, I caught myself staring at his bare chest. Apparently, he did too.

“Staring, are we?” he joked.

I blushed madly before muttering a “shut up” and burying myself under the duvet with Avery. I heard him chuckle and leave the room to go get breakfast. I slipped out of the bed and left Avery asleep before creeping down the stairs. Harry was reading the paper with his back to me as I snuck up behind him.

“Boo!” I yelled as I pounced on his back.

“Bloody hell!” he yelled as he put a hand to his heart.

I giggled. “And that’s how you wake up in the morning!”

“I’ll get you for that!” I heard him mutter before grabbing me.

I fell onto his lap and starting begging him not to tickle me. All too soon, his fingers started tickling all over my side, making me shriek with laughter. When he stopped, our eyes locked and his hand came up to brush over my cheek. Our faces inched closer and closer and I could feel his breath on my lips.

Our lips crashed together and his hand came to rest on my hip as mine went to his hair. Our lips moved together familiarly and perfectly for a while before we had to break apart for air.

“I should probably get to that meeting,” he whispered.

“Have fun,” I said breathlessly.

Harry smirked before grabbing his wallet and phone and walking out the door to his Range Rover.