Chapter 9

Sorry this is a bit of a filler! I have really great plans for this story, but I have to build up to the climax first! Let me know what you think!

P.s. Big shout out to @neongreenniall and @GypsyDancer95 for being my two best readers and really encouraging me to continue this story! Thanks guys! :)

ON WITH THE STORY! 

Charlotte’s POV

Niall Horan was the last person I expected to be holding my children. He was supposed to be in a meeting with the boys. Where’s Harry?

“Charlotte!” he exclaimed in surprise.

“Fancy seeing you here, Horan. Aren’t you supposed to be in a meeting with my husband?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he laughed. “It ended about an hour ago, so I came to get food.”

I frowned. Harry hadn’t texted me at all; where could he be?

Niall broke me out of my reverie. “So these are your kids?”

“They sure are; they look more like their dad though,” I said while taking Emmet from him.

Avery, however, wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him.

“You have a funny accent,” she declared to Niall.

“Avery!” I chastised.

All Niall did was burst out laughing, Avery smiling at him the whole time.

“Yeah, I guess I do sound funny. I’m actually from Ireland, which is far from where you live. Everybody there talks like me,” he explained.

I could see Avery’s 6 year old mind putting the information together and she nodded at him as if she understood everything.

“They have your eyes, Charlotte,” Niall informed me.

“And their father’s perfect hair,” I added with envy.

I noticed Niall’s expression become serious very quickly.

“I just wanted to tell you, I’m sorry you’ve been dragged into all of this Charlotte. I never picked sides in this whole stupid fight. I just wanted us to stay best friends and a band. I was never mad at Harry,” he admitted.

I smiled warmly at him before replying, “It’s okay Niall. In fact, why don’t your family come eat at our house tomorrow night?” I asked.

“That would be great!” he said enthusiastically.

We quickly exchanged phone numbers so we could discuss details later.

“Let’s go Avy, Daddy will be home soon,” I said.

Avery gave Niall one last hug before he put her down and she attached herself to my legs. After bidding a farewell to Niall and paying for my groceries, I packed up the car and drove back home.

My mind, however, was racing. Where the heck was my husband?

Just as I was starting to panic, my phone beeped with a new text.

From: Hazza :)

Sry I’m so late love! Zayn and I had coffee and lost track of time. I’ll be home in a few! Xxxx

To: Hazza :)

No problem! I have an interesting story to tell u when u get home! Xxx

After I put my phone back on the kitchen counter, I fed Avery and Emmet dinner before bathing them and sending them off to bed. Before I left Emmet’s room, I turned on his night light and stood at the door.

“I love you Mummy,” I heard him say sleepily.

A grin broke out on my face before I replied, “Love you more, Em.”

It was only a few minutes before I heard the front door open and shut. The jingle of keys signaled that Harry had thrown them on the kitchen counter.

“Charlotte? Come snuggle with me!” I heard him call.

I rolled my eyes and giggled before spending the night wrapped in his arms. We talked about the meeting, his coffee with Zayn, and my encounter with Niall. Our future was really starting to look up for the better!

We only had two problems.

One was named Liam.

The other was named Louis.