Chapter 8

NOTE: The point of view is going to be switching around a lot in this chapter, so sorry if it's a bit confusing! ENJOY! :)

Harry’s POV

“So boys, are we reuniting One Direction?” Simon asked, his hopeful expression landing on all of our faces.

I saw Louis squirm in his chair, unsure of the whole situation regarding our big comeback.

“I would love to see us all back together Simon; I just think I’m the only one who would like to,” I said.

Simon ran a hand over his tired face, an awkward silence filling the room.

“Boys, I will give you one week. If you haven’t made up your mind by then, we’ll pull the plug on this whole idea,” he said.

I looked at the four other faces of my former best friends before nodding in agreement. Zayn looked up from his lap briefly to look me in the eye and smile. My heart jumped at his sudden friendliness. Maybe we could be friends again after all! However, the faces of Liam, Niall, and Louis were staring into space, trying to ignore me.

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a plane to catch,” said Simon before standing up and exiting the room.

Slowly, everyone filed out of the room until it was just me and Zayn.

“So Harry, how have you been?” he asked.

I stared at him incredulously.

“Seriously! It’s been 6 years and you ask me how I’ve been?” I ask in disbelief.

I saw his expression deflate slightly before he looked guiltily at his lap.

“I’m just feeling bad about being mean to you and Charlotte,” he admitted.

“It’s okay Zayn. I’m sure she forgives you, I mean, I already have,” I said.

Charlotte’s POV

I pulled up outside of Tesco’s before pulling Avery and Emmet out of the car, the rain threatening to soak us to the bone. I didn’t know when Harry’s meeting would be done, so I wanted to get some quick shopping done. As soon as I picked out a cart, I set Emmet in the front and let Avery walk ahead of me in the aisles. I smiled as their childish talk filled my ears, mainly discussing fairytales and what they did at school. All too soon, Emmet started to get tired of sitting, so I pulled him out of the cart and set him on the ground.

As I was examining the crisps, I heard their little feet run away, causing me so sigh in frustration. This is why I didn’t bring them shopping.

I pushed the cart into another aisle, looking my energetic children, when I saw a familiar man holding them and smiling.

Niall’s POV

After that stressful meeting with Simon, I needed food therapy. I wanted to talk to Harry so bad, but I didn’t want Liam or Louis to turn on me. The only thing stable in my life right now is my wife Ashley and daughter Christine. I was checking out the sandwiches when I felt two pairs of arms wrap around my legs. When I looked down, I saw two heads of brown hair.

“Hello! I’m Avery!” said a little girl who I would guess to be about 6 years old.

I chuckled before holding my hand out for her tiny one to shake.

“I’m Niall,” I replied.

“This is my brother, Emmet,” Avery added while hugging the boy next to her who was awfully shy.

Both these kids looked strangely familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on who they looked like.

“Where’s your parents?” I asked.

Avery merely giggled before I picked her up in one arm and Emmet in the other.

A familiar voice at the end of the aisle froze me in my tracks.

“Niall?”