Chapter 16

Warning! Very sad chapter, this one. Very action filled too. I hope this makes up for my lack of updating!

~Carly <3

2 Weeks later…..

Over these past 2 weeks of the North American tour, things have been going downhill. Alexis is deliberately trying to steal Harry away from me. Every opportunity, she will flirt and pull us apart.

For example, the other day, we all decided to watch a movie and she sat next to him on the tour bus sofa. That left me sitting on the floor beside Liam, who gave me a sympathetic side hug.

Oh, Liam.

He’s been so wonderful about accepting me, despite his love for Harry. We’ve actually become quite good friends. He hates Alexis as much as I do.

Today, we’ve all decided to go out shopping before clubbing tonight. After looking through countless shops and seeing her fall all over Harry (who wasn’t even paying attention to me), I pulled her aside.

“Listen, you need to back off of my husband,” I demanded.

“I’m afraid I can’t do that. You see, he won’t be your husband for much longer,” she said.

“What is that supposed to mean?” I snapped.

“It means, I have a plan to steal Harry, and it’s already working,” she said.

I stared at her with an incredulous expression.

“When’s the last time he’s held your hand? Or even kissed you?” she asked with an evil smirk.

I frowned while filing through my memory of the past 2 weeks.

Crap.

I don’t know when we last kissed.

“You’re horrible,” I whispered as tears filled my eyes.

“I just know what I want and how to get it,” she said.

Suddenly, something behind me caught her eyes and she frowned.

“Charlotte? Why would you be so mean?!” she fake wailed.

“What the hell?” I asked in confusion.

“What’s going on here?” I heard Harry’s voice ask from behind.

Damn.

“She just starting insulting and threatening me!” Alexis sobbed again.

“No I-”

“Charlotte, that isn’t like you. What’s wrong with you?” he cut me off.

“I’m telling you! I didn’t do anything!” I yelled.

“Stop lying Charlotte!” Alexis demanded.

“I’m the liar?” I asked in surprise. “You’re the one who’s been threatening me!”

“Charlotte!” Harry cut in while wrapping an arm around Alexis. “You’re upsetting her.”

I looked at the ground, tears spilling over my cheeks. “Fine! Don’t believe me! It’s not like I’m your wife or anything.”

I ran from the scene as fast as I could until I hailed a taxi. It pulled up to our tour bus and I climbed on, sobbing and running a hand through my hair. Collapsing on my bunk, I pulled my knees up to my chest and let the self-pity take over. It wasn’t long until I heard the bus door opening again and someone climb on. A pair of arms wrapped strongly around my waist and pulled me to their chest.

“Louis?” I sniffed.

“It’s okay. Liam told me about what happened; and everything about Alexis,” he explained.

“Why doesn’t Harry believe me?” I asked desperately.

“He’s a jerk blinded by a new pretty face,” said Louis. “But, you two should talk about this. I’ll back you up on anything you say about Alexis. He’ll have to believe the both of us.”

“I’ll back you up too,” I heard a new voice say from the hallway.

“Thanks Liam,” I said.

I heard ‘and me’ from three other people, Briana, Ashley, and Killian.

Before we all went to meet Harry, Zayn, Niall, and Alexis at the club, I Skyped my kids.

“Hi Mummy!” Avery and Emmet said brightly to the camera.

“Hi guys! What have you been up to?” I asked brightly despite my sour mood.

“Grandma Anne let us draw pictures to send to you and Daddy!” said Avery excitedly.

“Really? I can’t wait to see them!” I said; my mood was suddenly better.

“I miss you Mummy!” Emmet said to the camera.

My heart clenched slightly at his sad face.

“Buddy, Mummy will be home very soon. I can’t wait to see you,” I said. “How’s Darcy?”

“She’s great! Adorable as always,” Anne said while coming into the screen shot holding the tiny bundle.

“Hi baby,” I said to the very sleepy little girl.

“I held her like a big girl today Mummy!” Avery suddenly piped up.

“Well, isn’t that wonderful! I’m so proud of you!” I said.

We talked for a few more minutes before I heard Liam calling to me that the taxi was here. I signed off and smoothed out my club dress before following everyone else out.

The club was packed and the loud bass pumped through my body, making me feel more alive. After a few drinks, everyone was slightly tipsy, but not severely drunk. I found Liam hanging out at the bar, drinking a coke because of his kidney.

“I think I’m going to find Harry and talk now,” I said, the alcohol giving me a confidence boost.

“Good for you! Would you like me to help?” he asked.

“Sure! I could use it,” I said.

Liam and I weaved through the sweaty mass of people, searching for that curly mop of brown hair.

“Let’s check those rooms back there!” Liam yelled over the music.

“Okay!” I replied.

As we walked back to where the couches were, I got a sight I never wanted to see.

Harry.

With his tongue shoved down Alexis’ throat.

I let out a squeak of surprise, which interrupted their make out session.

“Harry?” I choked out.

“Charlotte! This isn’t what it looks like!” he said quickly.

All the while, Alexis was giving me a victorious smirk.

The tears spilled out before I could stop them.

“How could you?!” I yelled.

I barely noticed Liam step forward and punch Harry right in the eye, making him stumble backwards. I ran as fast as I could to the outside of the club, where there were various taxi’s waiting for passengers. I climbed into one and told him the direction of the tour bus.

As we sped along the dark streets, I felt my world crumbling around me.

Nothing could ever be the same.

How could he?

I didn’t even notice the other car approaching ours at high speed, the honk of the horn, or the bright headlights.

I only noticed when the two cars collided, and the windows smashed.

Everything went black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't hate me! :) It had to happen! Please review and vote if you enjoyed!