Chapter 13

Sooooo....this is very drama filled and exciting! ENJOY! 

~Carly 

Harry’s POV

My shoes squeaked as I walked down the stark white hallways, ringing my hands nervously. This was the moment of truth.

I’m going to meet my child.

The doctors haven’t told me anything about it yet.

My hand shook slightly as I reached for the door handle to the nursery. The door creaked slightly as I pushed it open. I was met with a bunch of cots that held tiny newborns.

“Nurse?” I asked the woman checking on all of the babies.

“Yes sir?” she asked.

“Where’s the baby with the last name Styles?” I asked.

“Oh! We’ve been expecting you Harry!” she said.

Her figure disappeared among the many cribs for a few moments.

“Ah-ha! Found her!” I heard the nurse proclaim.

“Her?” I asked in disbelief. I have another baby girl?

“Yes, and here she is,” said the nurse as she emerged with the small bundle.

Very carefully, and making sure I supported her head, the nurse handed me the baby.

My little girl.

“Oh my gosh,” I heard myself whisper.

“Congratulations to you and your wife; she’s perfect,” agreed the nurse.

My little girl had little wisps of already brown hair, my pouty lips, but Charlotte’s nose. She suddenly yawned and her little eyes slowly opened. It took all I had not to cry.

Her eyes are exactly Charlotte’s.

“Hi sweet girl,” I cooed, walking in circles and bouncing her slightly.

The next time I looked down, she had fallen asleep again, her lips forming a little O. I ran my finger gently down her soft cheek and kissed her forehead before handing her back to the nurse.

“Come visit anytime you’d like,” said the nurse.

I nodded and exited the room, heading to a more depressing one. Pushing open the door to room 214, my ears were met with the beeping of the various machines and equipment. Charlotte’s pale form lay motionless in the bed, wires and tubes running all over her body.

“This can’t be happening,” I muttered as I took a seat next to her bed.

I linked my fingers with hers and rubbed my thumb over the back of her cold hand.

“Come on Charlotte,” I whispered desperately. “You need to pull through this! Our kids need you, our friends need you, and…..I need you. You can’t just give up now! We have a new, perfect little girl who deserves to know her mom. I don’t know what to do if I lose you.”

By this time, tears were streaming down my cheeks, but I didn’t bother to wipe them away. I jumped when a hand landed on my shoulder.

“Come on, mate. We should head home for the night,” Louis said, sympathy in his blue eyes.

“No, I’m not leaving her,” I reasoned.

“Don’t be stupid; you need rest! Charlotte wouldn’t want-”

Louis didn’t get to finish, for the beeping on Charlotte’s heart monitor started to get louder and closer together.

“NURSE!” We both called out.

Doctors and nurses rushed in and messed with the various tools around her body.

“She’s going into cardiac arrest again!” I heard the doctor yell.

“NO!” I yelled desperately.

The doctor pulled out the paddles and rubbed them together before yelling, “Clear!”

When he brought them down to her chest, her body arched off the table as if it weighed nothing. The flatline sound of the heart monitor still filtered through the room.

“No response! Let’s try again; Clear!” he said.

The doctor shocked her 4 times, and after his 5th attempt, he gave me a sympathetic look.

“I’m sorry Mr. Styles.”

“No! Just try one more time! PLEASE!” I yelled as Louis tried to restrain me.

“I’m sorry. I’m calling time of death at-”