Chapter 5

NOTE: Hope you guys like this chapter! I worked really hard on it! Let me know what you think! :)

“Do you remember how we met?” Harry asked.

“How could I forget?” I said.

Flashback….

I couldn’t believe he would cheat. My boyfriend, Josh, who I thought was the perfect guy. He cheats on me, dumps me, and leaves me at the restaurant to walk home in the rain.

The tears flowed freely down my already wet cheeks as I gripped my jacket tightly around my body. The wind tried to whip my coat right off as the rain increased.

I didn’t even see the black car as it rounded the corner and sped down the street. As it drove past me on the sidewalk, the tires kicked up a puddle of rainwater and splashed it on me. I was now completely soaked to the bone.

“Are you kidding me?!” I yelled to the car.

The black Range Rover came to a stop and a man stepped out with an umbrella.

“I’m so sorry!” he called over the rain.

As he got closer to me, I started to worry. What if it was some psycho rapist?

But when he was stood right in front of me, I instantly recognized him.

Harry Styles.

Of course I had seen him and the rest of One Direction posted practically everywhere in the music world. They were one of the most popular groups in the U.K.

“It’s alright, I shouldn’t be out here anyway,” I said.

“Would you like a ride home?” he asked kindly.

“That would be wonderful,” I said gratefully.

The ride to my flat in Harry’s top of the line car was intimidating to say the least.

“Why were you walking in the rain?” he asked.

“It’s been a long night with a long story,” I said.

By this time, we were parked in front of my flat building.

“It’s been a long day for me too; I’d like to hear about yours,” he said, staring at me with his intense green eyes.

“W-would you like to come in for s-some tea?” I stuttered, his presence making me nervous.

“I’d love to,” he smirked.

Back to present….

“That night has something to do with the big argument?” I asked.

“Well, more of that day,” he said.

I noticed that Harry’s hands were drawing constant circles on my hip nervously. I laid my hand on top of his.

“It’s alright Harry, take your time,” I encouraged.

“Well, it started that morning at rehearsals,” he started.

Flashback……

Harry’s POV

“That’s what makes you beautiful!” I finished singing to the empty arena.

The boys patted me on the back as they went to get ready for the show. I handed my microphone to the tech guy before following them to the dressing rooms. I noticed Liam was standing at the entrance to the dressing room by himself.

“Hey mate, you okay?” I asked.

“Actually, can we talk for a minute…..in private?” he asked timidly.

“Sure,” I said warily.

I followed Liam down the corridor, and stepped into an empty dressing room.

“What did you want to talk about?” I asked.

Before I knew what was happening, Liam’s lips were firmly planting on mine and he had me stumbling back against the door. I immediately pushed him away and bent over to catch my breath.

“What the hell was that?” I asked angrily.

By this time, the door had been pushed open and the other 3 boys were watching our conversation.

“I’m sorry Harry but, I’m in love with you,” said Liam confidently.

“That doesn’t mean you can just kiss me!” I yelled.

“Harry, calm down,” Louis warned as he put a forceful hand against my chest.

“No Louis! It’s disgusting! He’s disgusting!” I corrected.

As soon as the words left my mouth, I reached for Liam to apologize, but he was already running away from me. Zayn and Niall glared at me before running after him.

Louis looked like he was about to punch me, but he grit his teeth and turned his back to me, following after the guys.

“I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” I called out.

Present Day…..

Charlotte’s POV

“After that I left the arena and was driving home when I splashed you with that water,” he said.

“And after that cup of tea, we hit it off and started dating, got married, had kids, and you never officially apologized to Liam,” I concluded.

He nodded as tears welled up in his eyes.

“I called him disgusting Charlotte, I didn’t mean it! Of course the band broke up; the other guys couldn’t stand to look at me, let alone be in the same room,” he said.

“So that’s why they hate me? I stole you from Liam?” I said in realization.

“I was never Liam’s in the first place,” he argued while resting his forehead against mine.

We laid in silence for a while before he spoke again. “I did try calling them and meeting up with them so many times, but they all ignored my phone call’s especially Louis,” he said.

I smirked and ruffled his curls. “Well then, I might have to go have a little chat with them tomorrow.”