Chapter 19

Sooo.....I hope you enjoy this! Don't worry, this is not the last chapter of All Grown Up! However, there will only be a few more after this! Enjoy! :)

10 years later………………

Harry’s POV

I’ll never forget having to tell my children that their mother was dead.

Avery cried for days, never leaving her room. After that day, she always acted a lot older than 6.

Emmet didn’t completely understand what was going on. He just knew that we were sad and that he couldn’t see Mummy anymore.

Of course, Darcy was just a newborn.

A baby Charlotte and I were supposed to raise together.

I’ve been a single dad for 10 years.

10 years without the love of my life.

Today is Avery’s 16th Birthday, and we are having a celebration just for the family.

Ding dong!

“Darcy? Can you get the door? I’m finishing Avery’s cake!” I called out to my youngest daughter at 10 years old.

“Sure Daddy!” she called back.

I heard her little feet pitter-patter across the wood floors as she ran to the front door. I smoothed out the last bit of chocolate icing on the double chocolate cake and put in 16 candles. I fumbled around in the cabinet until I found something to cover my masterpiece.

“Hi Uncle Louis!” I heard Darcy squeal.

I sauntered out of the kitchen just in time to see Louis pick her up and tickle her.

“No! Auntie Killian! Make him stop!” she choked out in between giggles.

Killian freed Darcy from his arms before she flicked Louis in the back of the head.

“I get abused,” he muttered while coming over to hug me.

My arms gripped his middle tightly and I buried my face in his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” he asked quietly.

“I’m fine; just missing her,” I whispered.

“I know. We all are,” he said.

I pulled away and plastered a smile on my face just as Avery, Emmet, and Louis’ two sons, Logan(16) and Aiden(11), walked through the door.

“How was your Birthday shopping trip?” I asked.

“Amazing!” Avery replied. “Thanks for taking me Aunt Killian.”

“No problem dear!” she dismissed while hugging her. “I’ve never had a daughter to spoil!”

“How about we start cutting the cake while we wait for everyone else,” I said while guiding them into the kitchen.

Only a few minutes later, Ashley and Niall arrived with their kids, Christine(15) and Travis(11). Then, Zayn and Briana came with their kids, Jaylee(9) and Lara(16). Finally, Liam arrived with his boyfriend Joe and their adopted son Elijah.

Yeah, Liam is dating Joe Mcelderry. They met at an X Factor reunion party and instantly hit it off. Their son is now 8 years old.

We all sang Happy Birthday, very loud and off key, before Avery blew out her candles, gripping her sides from laughing so much.

“Can I have two pieces?” I heard Niall call over the chatter.

“I want an end piece!” I heard Louis join in.

“You get what you get!” I heard Darcy scold.

After we all finished cake, everyone gathered in the living room to open presents. From everyone else, Avery got clothes, gift cards, and concert tickets. Finally, it was time for my gift.

“Here you go love,” I murmured while handing her the jewelry box.

Her delicate hands popped open the black, velvet lid and a small gasp escaped her lips.

“Daddy,” she whispered in awe. “You shouldn’t have!”

“You deserve it,” I promised.

Avery carefully raised the silver locket out of the box. It was carved intricately with swirls and a small diamond was nestled in the middle. When she opened it, there was a picture of her siblings on one side and an old picture of Charlotte and me on the other.

“You and Mum?” she asked.

“Yeah; do you hate it?” I asked fearfully.

Avery stood up and flung her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly.

“I absolutely love it,” she sniffed.

We all chatted for awhile before Avery started looking nervous.

“What’s wrong Honey?” I asked.

“Well, um, you see….I have a date tonight, and I need to go and get ready,” she said.

“A date?!” I choked out. “With who?”

“That would be me, Sir,” said Logan, standing up and taking Avery’s hand.

“Woah, when did this happen?” Louis asked. “I absolutely forbid you two to grow up!”

“I’ll take good care of her, Mr. Styles; I promise,” said Logan.

I sighed heavily and muttered frustratedly.

“Go have fun.” 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote! :)