Chapter 14

Don't worry, this chapter is no where near the end of the story! There are still more twists and surprises coming! Please let me know what you think and vote if you like it! :) I am dedicating this chapter to @neongreenniall because she is amazing and one of my biggest commenters...Go check out her amazing writing! :)

Harry’s POV

“I’m sorry. I’m calling time of death at-”

Beep

“What was that?” asked Louis.

Beep

Beep

Beep

I looked up hopefully at the doctor.

Beep

Beep

Beep

“What the hell? That’s impossible,” whispered the doctor.

“What?” I asked in anticipation.

“Her heart’s beating again,” said the doctor, motioning to the working heart monitor.

“What does this mean?” asked Louis.

“It means that Charlotte is okay; for now,” he said.

Louis and I cheered before hugging tightly.

“But, we’re not in the clear yet. She still has a few hurdles to get over before she’s fully better,” he said.

2 weeks later……….

Charlotte’s POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

Am I dead?

That’s it, I’m dead.

I have to be.

I can’t open my eyes.

With all the strength I could muster, I moved my stiff finger.

Slowly and carefully I cracked my eyes open and squinted at the bright room.

Am I in the hospital?

Suddenly, it all came flooding back into my memory.

Where’s my baby?

Where’s Harry?

I darted my eyes across the room until they landed on a curly-headed figure, slumped over and asleep. His head rested by my hand while his body was in sat in the plastic seat. That can’t be too comfortable. Slowly and lovingly, I ran my hand through his curls, rejoicing in the fact that I didn’t die. Harry stirred slightly in his seat and looked up at me, his eyes widening.

“OH MY GOD!” he yelled. “CHARLOTTE, YOU’RE AWAKE!”

Before I could even respond, he leaned over and engulfed me in a hug.

“Gently!” I choked out.

He pulled away and gave me a sheepish smile. “Sorry love; I’m just so happy you’re awake!”

His eyes teared up as I intertwined my fingers with his.

“Don’t cry, Haz. Everything’s going to be okay now,” I said as his tears spilled over.

“I’m sorry!” he said as I used my thumb to catch stray tears.

“What happened?” I asked.

Harry explained everything from the past two weeks for me. He almost went into hysterics when he got on the topic of my cardiac arrest. The tour has also been moved 2 weeks so that I can recover and come too. Suddenly, I was confused.

“Harry, where’s the baby?” I asked.

His hand disappeared in front of the bed and came up with a carrier. He set it on the foot of the bed before pulling the small bundle in a pink blanket out. He cradled it gently and kissed it’s forehead before handing it to me.

“It’s a girl?” I asked happily.

“Yep, and she’s absolutely perfect,” he said.

“Did you name her?” I asked suddenly.

Harry rubbed his neck nervously and blushed. “Well, yeah. I had to because they had to make the birth certificate.”

“And?” I asked. “What is it?”

“I named her what we had been discussing for a while. Darcy Jaiden Styles. Do you like it?” he asked nervously.

I pulled him down and pecked him on the lips.

“I love it.”