Chapter 18

Sorry this is so short! The chapter after this will be super long! I promise! But, this one is emotional. Enjoy!

~Carly

No.

No no no no no.

This can’t be happening.

Charlotte can't be dead.

I just saw her an hour ago.

I sank into a chair as I went into shock.

“H-how?” I whispered.

“The collision was so powerful,” Ashley sniffed. “It snapped her neck on impact.”

“NO!” I yelled suddenly. “YOU’RE ALL LYING!”

In a rage I stood up and started towards the ICU rooms.

“Harry!” Louis yelled as he pulled me back by my shoulders. “We’re not lying; I’m so sorry.”

I felt the other 3 boys approach and embrace me tightly as I broke down into sobs. I didn’t recognize the sounds coming from my own mouth. I was yelling and sobbing; crying out in absolute heartbreak.

My wife is dead.

She’s not just recovering in the ICU.

She’s gone.

I’ll never be able to hold her again; or hug her, kiss her, inhaling the scent I know so well.

People were staring at the man going crazy as they passed by. I just didn’t care anymore.

“Harry,” Briana approached me with a phone. “It’s your mum.”

I soon as the phone touched my ear, my mum’s soothing voice filled the line.

“Oh Harry, I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry my poor baby,” she said.

All I could do was sniff again before admitting, “It’s all my fault mum.”

“No it is not!” she said sternly.

“Yes it is! If I had never kissed Alexis, she wouldn’t have gotten in that taxi!” I yelled.

“Harry, you need to calm down. This isn’t your fault! Now, the rest of the tour has been cancelled and you’re all coming home. You need to keep it together for your kids,” she said.

“How are they doing?” I choked out.

“I haven’t told them yet,” she admitted.

“Put them on the phone,” I said.

I heard the static as she put the phone on speaker and Avery’s voice in the background.

“What’s wrong Daddy? Why is Grandma so upset?”

I took a shaky breath before continuing. “I’m coming home soon honey. I have something very important to tell you when I do.”

“Can I talk to Mummy?” she asked brightly.

A few fresh tears slipped down my cheeks at her innocent and oblivious tone.

“Mummy isn't here right now, but I know she loves you; so much.”