Twenty Nine.

(A/N) Hey! So I was not expecting Elizabeth to get so much hate haha.  I just want to clarify that she did not kiss Liam back. She didn't respond. Try not to be so hard on her, okay? She's confused. Ha...look at me defending my main character.

"How'd you sleep?" Liam asked me as he sat sipping out of his coffee mug.
I ran my hand through my hair as I tiredly made my way to a seat.

"Uh not so great. " I replied honestly.

All night my mind kept replaying Liam's kiss. Then it would replay images of Zayn kissing me. I just couldn't block it all out and sleep. I was feeling guilty and confused. Two things that don't work well with me. All they do is make matters worse. As if this whole situation was not complicated enough!
I knew that I cared for Liam, but I didn't care for him as much as I cared for Zayn.
Damn you Zayn. Why did you have to work for my family!? Why did we have to meet!?

Liam frowned in concern, immediately placing his cup on the counter.

"Oh no, why not? Is the bed uncomfortable? Was the room too hot? You can move into one of the other guest bedrooms-"

I quickly shook my head, effectively cutting off his rambling.

"No it's fine, I'm just not used to sleeping in other beds besides my own." I explained, sitting down across from him.

He relaxed, "Oh alright,"

"So what's on the agenda today?" I asked as I reached for a banana.

"Well I was thinking we could go biking and then for lunch at this place right by the water." he said carefully, watching my reaction like it meant the world to him.

I began unpeeling as I spoke, "Sounds fun, I'm excited."

He grinned as his broad shoulders relaxed, "Great! I'm so happy you want to go."

I smiled uneasily, promising myself that I would not allow him to come close to me again.

Zayn's POV

"I want all these flowers gone. It's time for something new....something to start the new month off with, you know?" Mrs Whinscott asked, clutching her purse in her arm pit.

I nodded, as did the other men behind me.

Who knew a woman could yap on and on about her garden? It was as if it was the most important thing in the world to her.
I tried my hardest not to chuck my shovel at her as she continued to tell us what she wanted. Not once did she say please, or anything that made it seem like she was remotley grateful for what we were about to do for her.

"Now, you all get to work. I'll be back later to check on how you're doing. I expect great things people!" she said with a broad smile.

I clenched my jaw in annoyance. This lady has been in a good mood ever since Elizabeth left;Knowing her daughter was alone with the boy she wanted her to marry had her smiling and laughing constantly.

I mentally cringed, trying not to think about it. Just knowing that Elizabeth is no where near hurts. It's only been a day and a half and I'm already desperate to see her face again.

"Come on man, get to work." someone said as they bumped into my shoulder.

I stumbled, my blood pressure rising quicky.

"Watch it," I hissed, glaring at the back of his head as he just continued to walk away.

 My grip on the wooden handle of the shovel tightened, knuckles turning a bright white.