Eight.

His head snapped up, his features showing complete surprise.

"W-What?" he stuttered, eyes wide.

I swallowed nervously, still surprised that I had actually just said that.

"I'll go with you." I said carefully. "You know, to make sure you pick the correct flowers." I added quickly, most likely to save myself from some type of embarrassment. I didn't need him or others questioning my actions. They'd most likely come up with some sort of absurd rumor. A rumor that would be frowned upon by society.

"Oh. Well okay then!" he said quickly, his lips twitching upwards into a small smile. 

I couldn't help but believe that he was a bit...excited that I was coming..? 

I shook the thought away, finding it hard difficult to think that he'd want me to come with him.

Wow, I sound like a person in denial.

But..there is nothing to deny...right?

"Shall we go?" I questioned, trying to shut my thoughts up.

He nodded, quickly turning and walking to a beat up truck. 

I cringed at the sight of the damaged truck. All the cars I usually ride in are expensive,clean, and waxed. Almost perfect really. And as pathetic as this sounds,I've never experienced something like this; riding in a servants truck.

My goodness I sound like such a snob.

I slowly made my way over following Zayn as he walked. He turned slightly,his expression somber. 

He itched the back of his neck, "She's old, but she still runs well." he mumbled, his cheeks turning pink in embarrassment.

It took me a moment, but I finally realized he was talking about his truck. Now I understood why he felt so uncomfortable. I guess he thought I was judging.

Well, you kind of did.

I sighed inwardly. My thoughts seeming to disturb me all day today.

"That's all that matters, right?" I replied, my heart rate accelerating when I noticed him chuckle in relief.

Did he really think I was some judgmental stiff neck?

I felt a bit embarassed myself. Did people really think of me in such a way? I try to be friendly to people of the lower social class. I try to be that one who has some sense of compassion and doesnt use money or social status to their advantage. I try to be....everyones friend.I just wish people would get that.

I opened the door, a loud creak sounding. 

"She needs a bit of oil on her hinges..." Zayn said with an embarrassed smile.

I chuckled, "Just a bit." I said as I climbed in, the smell of old leather and mint hitting my nostrils.

Odd mix, yet somehow working very well together.

The engine roared to life, nearly scarying the life out of me. All the other cars I've ridden in basically purr to life.

"Woah, that's loud." I breathed, suddenly feeling nervous.

Maybe I shouldnt have offered to go with him. I mean honestly, he is a worker, not a friend. I'm not supposed to go traveling with workers!

My hands shook slightly as he slowly pulled out of the venues driveway.

I peered out the window, feeling the air around us grow awkward.

How does a boss converse with their worker?