Forty Three

"I'm home for barely three days and you two are already dragging me to these events you know I despise." I growled in annoyance as I walked behind my father and mother into a large building. Lots of other people were doing the same as us, all dressed to impress.

My father chuckled, clearly finding my irritation funny.

"It's just to keep up appearances dear."

I grunted and followed him down a long hallway. The farther we went the louder it got, and before I knew it we stood inside of a large hall where lots of people stood mingling.

I flattened the bottom of my dress and quickly made sure my hair was tamed.

I was on summer break, and rather than being at home, I'm here having to fake a smile.

I didn't know what the gala was for, nor did I care. All I knew was that I wanted to get out of here already.

I followed my parents around as they conversed with people they knew. Occasionally I'd be apart of the conversation but majority of the time I simply gave a small smile and nodded.

At one point we all came face to face with Liam's parents. It was a bit tense between his mother and I seeing as she still wanted us together, but other than that it was somewhat tolerable.

"I'm going to use the restroom. Excuse me." I quietly said as I walked away. I strode out into the empty hall and attempted to find the bathrooms.

As I was walking I noticed a large framed poster on the wall. I quickly glanced at it and noticed that it was about some Literature Gala that was to occur here next week.

I stopped walking and strode towards it and read the rest of it. It had a list of authors who would be making an appearance. I hadn't really heard of many of them, nor did I know what novel or novels they had written.

I was just about to step away when a name near the bottom made me freeze.

I blinked a couple times to see if my mind was playing games with me. Then I stepped closer and leaned up to it.

I gasped loudly before throwing my hand over my mouth.

I stepped back.

No.

This isn't possible.

It said Zayn Malik; author of the newest and popular novel Dearest Darling

Zayn.

Zayn!

I uncovered my mouth and stepped up to it again.

"Oh my God..." I breathed, beginning to fan my face as I suddenly grew hot.

It must be a different Zayn. It must be!

I felt a surge of emotions swell up inside of me as I continued to stand there and stare at his name.

"No...this is not possible!" I muttered to myself.

I quickly wiped my forehead, the sweat forming as the room seem to rise in temperature.

What was happening? Was Zayn a published author now!? How is that possible!

My head began to throb as my brain went into overdrive with all the thoughts flying threw it at the moment. Not only that, but to make me even more uncomfortable my mouth grew dry and it seemed impossible to swallow.

If this was Zayn, my Zayn, should I go to this gala? Should I make an appearance?

I knew that there was bubble inside of me beginning to swell with excitement. I knew it was because this could be my chance to see him. Even if were to just to take one glance at him I would be satisfied. To know that he was doing well was all I wanted.

With the excitement came anxiety.

Did I really want to see him? Was that a smart idea?

In the back of my mind I knew that once I stepped inside and saw him in person again, all of my feelings would come flooding back and I would fall back into that trap I had fallen into long ago.

As i stood there and stared at the poster, I realized that if I didn't go I would regret it the rest of my life.

A/N: Hey guys! I just wanted to let you all know I have a new Louis fanfic out and I'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out! Thanks!