Two.

I simply gave a small smile in greeting, not knowing exactly what to say. "Well, Eliza why dont you go on and help your mother so that i can discuss buisness with these men." my father said patting my shoulder. I gave him a nod in understanding, "Sure." I muttered before walking towards the doors.

My father began speaking again, telling them all of the rules and so on. I turned ever so slightly to view them again. I was surprised to see Zayn staring back at me. Once our gazes met he immediatley looked away, turning his eyes down to the floor. I ignored the slight burning feeling that was growing on my cheeks. I quickly grabbed the door handle, swinging the door open and exiting in a hurry.

~~~~

"All I can say, is that i'm completely envious of you Eliza. How I wish I could have gotten in..." my friend Aria whined as we sat on the back deck sipping tea.
I smiled, "Seems that you just aren't as good as me." I teased swirling my spoon in my cup.
Aria gave me a fake glare, "Shush you." she said flipping her perfectly curled blonde hair over her shoulder.

I laughed grabbing a freshly baked biscuit off of the plate in the center of the small table.
"So, are your parents still pushing you to court Mr. Payne?" Aria asked curiously.
I sighed, shifting my eyes to the large pond that covered majority of the backyard. I didn't want to think about that situation.
Basically my parents are encouraging me to court one of New York's finest young men, Liam Payne. His family was probably one of the richest in New York, and they held a lot of power. Liam was a nice young man, and we got along, but I didn't fancy him whatsoever. But I can't say the same for him.
He has been smitten with me ever since we met when we were both 13. He would always send me heart candies, letters of admiration, and sometimes he would send flowers to my house. It was sweet and everything, but after awhile it became sort of an annoyance. Now that I'm almost 18, my parents are already thinking about marriage! Worst part is, they want me to marry Liam.

"Sadly, yes." I answered Aria, still not looking at her.

She laughed dryly for a moment, making me turn to look at her.

"What's so funny?" I asked in confusion. She shook her, staring down at her tea.

"I just don't get you Eliza...."she said quietly.

I frowned and began picking at the biscuit that I held in my hands, "What do you mean?"

She looked up at me, her blue eyes staring boldly into mine, "Eliza, Liam is the richest young man out there. And he wants YOU. Nobody else, just you. I don't understand why you can't just be happy about that. He'll be able to support you and everything!" she said throwing her hands up in exasperation.

I sat silently, surprised by her sudden outburst. Even if I felt slightly annoyed by her pestering I couldn't argue with her because I knew why she was so frustrated.
"Aria..." I said quietly as she sat glaring at the pond. "What happened?" I asked cautiously.
I could she her eyes welling up with tears, "My father told him that he could never see me again." she whispered painfully.
My heart sunk as she spoke. Aria was in love with a poor boy named Harry Styles. He worked down at one of the meat markets as a butcher. Because of his low status, her parents refused to let her see him, so he and her began sneaking around so that they could still see each other. But I guess her parents found out.
Sad part was, Aria and Harry we both madly in love with each other.
And now I understand her anger towards me. My parents are begging for me to be with someone who loves me, meanwhile her parents are pushing her away from someone who loves her.

"When was the last time you-"

"Is there anything you need Miss?"

I jumped in surprise at the voice, before turning my head to see Tanya, one of the house servants.

"Uh no thanks." I answered before turning back to Aria who was hiding her face in her hands.

"When was the last time you saw him?" I asked her quietly. She lifted her head up, her eyes bloodshot.

 "Two weeks ago." she muttered grabbing a napkin and dabbing at her running make up.

My eyes widened in surprise, "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked quietly. Being her best friend I would have expected to know this all sooner, but I guess she decided against telling me.

She shook her head, "Let's just stop talking about it." she mumbled before leaning back in her chair.

"ELIZABETH!" I suddenly heard my mother shout. I sighed not wanting to speak to my mother right now. As much as I loved her, she was too forward and pushy. She always wanted me to do this and that. She always wanted me to be the 'best' daughter. One of my mom's favorite things was showing me off like some sort of trophy. She enjoyed everyone's praise and approval of me. She lived off of it. I was much closer with my father than my mother.
"Coming mother!" I called back.

I quickly stood up, "I'll be back." I said to Aria, patting her shoulder gently as I walked past her.

I quickly walked down the steps of the deck, heading over to the garden house where I had heard my mother calling me. As I was turning down one of the secluded pathways in the garden that led to the small house I crashed into somebody. The force made me bounce back, nearly falling over. But luckily the person caught my arm, pulling me back up.

"Oh goodness! I'm so-" I stopped mid sentence when my eyes met light hazel ones. I felt my mouth go dry as I scanned the face of Zayn Malik. He quickly retracted his hand from my arm, "I should be the one apologizing Miss. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I sincerely apologize for my idiocy." he stated with a look of sincerity etched across his features. His voice was so smooth and raspy, and my ears found it appealing.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "It's fine." I answered as I smoothed out my dress.

He nodded slightly before moving over to the side and allowing space for me to pass by him.
The pathway was slightly tight so as I walked past him, my shoulder brushed against his chest.

Once fully passed him, I quickly walked over to the garden house.