Twenty.

NOT EDITED

(A/N) Okay, so I'm actually really happy that a lot of people read my authors note last chapter. I'm glad that people do read them! Anyways thank you for that, but on another note this story is now listed as #42 on Historical Fiction and like #663 on Romance! They are high numbers but this is my first story to ever be ranked so I'm super excited about it! Alright, now back to the story!

"I say you bring this one," my mother flung yet another dress onto my bed, "this one," and another, "and definitely bring this one!" 

I stared at the pile of dresses that lay on my bed, "Uh, mother it's only a weekend trip not a week trip." 

She turned to me with a raised brow, "Do not use that tone with me young lady."

I blinked, confused as to what "tone" I had used that had obviously offended her. After a moment of thinking about it I realized she was just being her overdramatic self.

I sighed, slouching a bit in the stool that sat in front of my make-up mirror.

"Mother please," I whined, too tired to be packing for this trip already. Liam and I weren't to leave until next weekend. We had all of next week to pack yet she wanted to get it done now for some reason.

"Elizabeth quit acting like such a child," she chided as she moved across my room and fingered through my undergarment drawer.

I quickly shot up, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Why are you going through that drawer!?" I questioned in embarassment as I tried to manuveur my way inbetween her and the piece of furniture.

She raised that one brow again, "I'm picking out all your outfits and i will choose what you wear under them!"

I narrowed my eyes,readying myself to say something that is obvious and embarassing.

"Mother, Liam is not going to see what's under them so what is the point?" Now my cheeks were most likely the same color as the roses down in the garden.

Her eyes widened in astonishment, "Of course he will not be seeing them! How dare that thought even cross your mind!" she nearly screeched at me, completely repulsed with the idea of intimacy before marriage.

I had been brought up with the idea that two people should not have sexual intercourse before marriage. For if you did, you'd go to hell. My mother's words exactly.

Just the thought of sex was intimidating. I had heard stories from the rare few girls in my highschool who had done it, half of them regretting it and the other half feeling empowered for doing something so rebellious and unacceptable.

Feeling a bit flustered I couldn't help but fix the dress I was wearing, suddenly feeling exposed and bare.

"I wasn't thinking anything like that mother, I was just saying." I muttered with a dry mouth.

Thinking about Liam and I in such a position caused bile to rise in my throat.

She huffed, continuing her search in my drawer.

"Yes, you better be "just saying"." she snapped.

I moved away from her, uncomfortable with this conversation. With small steps I made my way towards the window which gave a view of the backyard and garden.

The pace of my heart picked up when I noticed Zayn working with two other men on the lawn. He was shirtless and sweating like a dog. His hair was slicked back and face was still dark with scruff.

I'm in awe as I stare at him labor away. Just by watching his muscles shift under his skin was fascinating to watch. He was beautiful, in such an imperfect but perfect way.