Forty Four

A/N: Here you all go!!

"I have to talk to you both!" I near shouted as soon as we arrived back home. I had been keeping everything bottled up ever since I had gone back into the hall room, trying everything I could not to mention anything to either of my parents. But now that we were in the comfort of our own home i couldn't contain myself (or my emotions for that matter) any longer.

They both turned to me with wide eyes.

"What in the matter is wrong Eliza? " my mother asked as she clutched her purse to her chest in fright.

My father settled and slid his hands into his pockets.

I cleared my throat, realizing how dramatic my yell had been.

I slowly closed the front door behind me and moved towards the living area, the both of them following.

"Sit down please," I mumbled as I began to pace back and forth around the room.

"Eliza, dear, what is going on? Are you alright?" my father asked as he sat down beside my mother.

Am I? I don't know if I'm being honest. I just found out that Zayn is a rich and famous man now. To say I'm overwhelmed is an understatement.

"Um, I'm...I'm-I don't know! You won't believe what I found out!" I said, rounding on them and throwing my arms in the air.

They looked back at me in concern.

"Dear-"

"You remember Zayn Malik?" I cut off my mother.

They both went silent and slowly glanced at one another. I watched carefully as my mother curled her lips in and stared down at her hands, my father smiling slightly and leaning back.

What?

"Well...do you?" I muttered, furrowing my brows in confusion as I watched their reactions. "The boy who worked for us!"

My mother sighed heavily, "Yes Eliza, we do."

And before I could respond my father spoke up.

"A lot of people know who he is now."

My eyes widened, "Yes- how did- I'm so- you know!?" I stumbled over my words, realizing he knows everything by the wide smile on his face.

"Yes I do Eliza. I've know for awhile now, I was just waiting for you to find out too. Well...I would have told you if you-"

"It's unbelievable isn't it!?" I asked, a smile appearing on my face unconsciously.

"Relax, would you?" my mother muttered while my father simply smiled at my reaction.

My father had obviously told my mother all about Zayn and I the day after I had initially told him, and she didn't take it too well. But after awhile she simply accepted the fact that it happened and was, to my irritation, happy that he and I were no longer together or ever getting back together for that matter.

I could tell she still didn't like the idea of him and I together, even if he's rich and up to her 'standards'.

"He's going to be at this gala next week-and, and I-" I began stumbling with my words again and realized it was because I was not only anxious but extremely excited as well. The more I thought about seeing him the more my feelings for him came back. They were coming in strong, one straight after the other.

I knew I should be afraid because I was making myself vulnerable again. This could just end in heartbreak again. For all I know, he could be with someone else already.