Forty

"Stop." I hissed as I rubbed my forehead anxiously. This was absolutely ridiculous!

"Do you know how glad I was when you moved out of your social circle? Yeah it was annoying watching you with him, but it gave me the chance to be around you. Aria would never have introduced us all if you had went out with Liam." he explained quickly, shutting his mouth when the back door opened.

I couldn't help but feel angry. Not only because he used my best friend but because he seems to think it's okay to throw his feelings on me right now. Right after a person I truly cared and loved for left me. How dare Harry take advantage of me in my vulnerable state.

And as if I'd ever have any sort of relationship with him. He and I would never work out. He was nothing I found appealing. I wanted Zayn and I always would want him.

"Here you go Miss."

I quickly handed away my money and swiped the bag from the counter. I didn't bother looking back at Harry as I left.

~~~

At home, I found myself restless. I couldn't sit in my room nor could I find any peace on the patio. I tried calling Aria, the guilt of being such a bad friend settling in, but like before I got no response.

What if Harry had told her that he was leaving her because he actually liked me? What if-oh my God that must be the reason she is ignoring me! She must despise me even though I've done nothing wrong!

"Ugh!!" I growled gripping my hair in my hands.

"Are you alright Eliza?" my father's calm voice sounded from behind me.

I grew silent, suddenly feeling the need to tell him the truth. The truth about everything.

"No," I mumbled, turning around to look up at him. He gave me a look of concern before sitting down next to me on the stairs that led to our front door.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" he questioned immediately as he glanced over my figure for any injuries.

"No, I'm just confused and angry about stuff that's been going on..." I suddenly grew hesitant, worried about my father's reaction.

He nodded but I could see the worry on his face.

I sighed and looked away.

"Please don't be angry..." I pleaded quietly.

I felt his place his large hand on my back, rubbing it up and down to try and ease the tension in my body.

"I won't, now tell me what's bothering you." he said softly.

I looked down at my hands nervously, "You know the Mailks? The two men you hired awhile ago?"

From the corner of my eye I could see him nod, "Yes, Zayn attacked Liam."

I closed my eyes trying to erase those images from my head. I didn't want to think about Zayn going on his violent spree. It just wasn't him.

"Yeah...You see, Zayn and I...well I sort of-" I stopped mid sentence not knowing how to continue. For some reason my eyes began to water, maybe because I was guilty or maybe because I was overwhelmed I don't know.

I huffed out a breath, "I care about him father...so much."

"I'm sorry?" he asked in confusion.

I looked at him, "At first it was nothing but glances but then we started talking and then... then we sort of became a couple. We had been sneaking around for awhile." I clarified.

His mouth was open for a moment before he shut it and clenched his jaw tightly. In anger? I don't know.

I swallowed nervously. I took advantage of his silence and began speaking, "We aren't together anymore...he said it would never work out because both of us were from such different places. He knew you and mother would never accept him." My voice came out quiet and timid.

My father removed his hand from my back and rubbed his forehead roughly.

"Eliza..."

"Yes, I know you're angry but please understand-"

He cut my off, "He is dangerous! He attacked your friend!"

I wiped my cheeks which were now wet, "Father please! You have to trust me when I say he was not like that at all. With me he was always kind and gentle! He never once laid a hand on me. Please, father, I swear on my grave that Zayn is not what you think he is."

"Liam was in the hospital Eliza. He was injured because Zayn broke into his house!" he retorted.

I bit my lip and looked down at my hands again.

"It doesn't matter anyways. He left me." I muttered bitterly.

He sighed, "I just-I knew he was a good looking young man but I didn't think you'd ever be interested in him."

I figured he was most likely speaking to himself because his tone was one of confusion as if he was thinking hard about it.

"And now, there's this other boy who-" I swallowed the lump in my throat, "who says he likes me but....UGH! I just don't understand. What is so special about me?" I noticed that I was now just rambling angrily.

"Eliza," my father tried to stop my rambling.

"I'm just me. I mean poor Liam...I rejected him even though he's been nothing but a sweetheart to me. And Zayn left me because he feels as though he is inferior to me....and now Harry left a girl heartbroken because he wants to be with me! I just don't get it!" I was now standing and pacing in front of my father.

"Eliza-"

"What?" I snapped turning to him.

His lips lifted upwards slightly, "It's understandable. I knew that one day you'd have the attention of many men...I just thought it wouldn't be so soon." his voice suddenly grew quiet. "I still see you as my baby girl..."

A/N: This story should be finished by chapter forty five. Thanks for all the support even though I suck at updating!