Chapter 39

He really put some thought into this. I told myself silently as Harry pulled the car into this small restaurant’s parking lot. It had to be a fancy place, which was probably expensive as well, because when we pulled up to the front of the building, Harry got out and handed his keys to the valet. He then opened the door for me and I felt immediately under dressed. Harry gave me only a small hint that we would be doing something after the airport, but not anything close to this.

I looked down at my semi-formal, semi- casual clothing. I groaned slightly and Harry chuckled, taking my hand and helping me out of the car. “You look fine.”

“Says the person who literally looks perfect all the time.” I roll my eyes at the smirk he gave me in return. He really did look perfect, or at least close to perfect, all the time. Minus the times he had his face beaten in by one or two of his so-called friends.

“Just come on.” He tugged me forward, slipping his hand around my waist. I could tell that he was getting irritated with me, so I settled down and just let him lead me into the restaurant. Once inside I was overwhelmed by the smell of marinara and garlic. Italian food.  We walked up to the host table and Harry leaned forward. “Two for Styles. I had a reservation.”

I shook away my surprised expression. He really did think this through with reservations and all. The hostess flipped through a book in front of her and her lips pouted, still scanning the page with her eyes. “I’m sorry, sir. There doesn’t seem to be any reservation under the name Styles.” She gave him an apologetic look and Harry shook his head back and forth.

“That’s got to be a mistake. I made reservations this morning for seven tonight.”  While he argued with the hostess, I checked my phone seeing that it was a few minutes past seven. So he had the time right, but apparently there weren’t any reservations for the two of us. I looked around the packed restaurant and frowned. There was no way we were getting a table without that reservation.

All of a sudden, Harry tugged my arm and pulled me away from the host table. “We can go get McDonalds.” I smiled, chuckling lightly to get Harry to ease up. I didn’t care where we went, but judging by his reaction, he did.

“I can’t believe they lost my reservation. This place is possible the best Italian restaurant I’ve ever been to around here.” He huffed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Couples and families walked past us up to the front table as Harry and I walked towards the exit. One man in particular was pacing back and forth. Our disgruntled looks must have caught this man’s attention, because he soon walked towards us. Harry stood in front of me like some sort of protection, but it was just an old man.

“I couldn’t help but overhear.” He began. Harry grabbed my hand and waited for the man to continue. “I had reservations, but my wife got caught up with the grand kids so she can’t make it. I would be glad to give you my reservation spot. It’s not for another thirty minutes, but I’m not going to be able to stay for it.”

I smiled at the man. “That’s so kind of you.” I practically cheered with joy. I looked up at Harry who looked relieved; yet still upset that his own plants didn’t go so well as he hoped. He mumbled a thank you and we headed over to our table. “See? Good things happen.” I chirped, sitting down at the table and watching as Harry adjusted his seat to fit his long legs accordingly. When he looked up at me, my heart stopped for a second.