Chapter 29

“I haven’t worn this one yet. It still has a tag on it.” I held up a deep, V-neck red dress. It was sleeveless and fit me perfectly when I tried it on at the store. I hadn’t had the opportunity to wear it yet, and a party was the perfect occasion.

“Yes.” Nicks shouted. “Yes, on so many levels. You need to wear that dress.” She sat cross-legged on my bed and painted her nails a bright shade of turquoise. “If you don’t wear it, I will.”

“This will not fit you.” I laughed. “You don’t have the chest for it.” I stated, holding the dress up on the hanger against my body. I stared in the mirror and smiled. The cut on my cheek had completely healed and the bruises, as well at the hickeys that Harry had left, had faded.

“Which is why you must wear it. Don’t let it go to waste. Flaunt what you’ve got.” Nicks shook her chest as me and then blew on her nails so that they would dry faster. “Oh!” She chirped, jumping up from the bed. “Niall said that he was going to be here in an hour to come pick us up.” I nodded and looked down at the dress once more.

“Are you sure it’s not too flashy?” I asked.

“It’s not. It’s perfect. Now change into it so we can get your hair and makeup done.” She grabbed the dress from me and rid it of its hanger before throwing the material at my face. As I began to undress she walked over to my closet and pulled out a shimmery black dress. “Can I wear this?” She asked, holding it up to herself. I nodded and continued to strip from my clothes until I was down to my underwear. I pulled the dress over my head and groaned when I saw that I couldn’t wear a bra with it.

“Go braless.” Nicks chuckled. “Easier access for that upstairs neighbor of yours.” My face felt hot at Nicks words because I knew that Harry would probably say something about me being braless in that dress. I pulled my bra off and then adjusted the dress so that it fit in all the right places. “Woah, girl. Someone needs to call the fire department or something, because you are hot.” I looked over and Nicks was fanning her self with her hand. She had already slipped on the black dress and she looked basically perfect. I hated that she didn’t need to put any effort in and she still looked flawless.

I turned back to the mirror and spun around, checking my butt and adjusting my boobs. I was grateful for having perky boobs. The dress wouldn’t have had the safe effect with sagging tits. I then pulled at my hair and tried forming it into different styles. “Up or down?” I asked, showing Nicks the different styles.

“Up. Definitely put it up.” She played with her own hair and bumped with her hip to make me smile. We spent the next hours fixing our hair and doing makeup. Nicks smudged one of her nails and had to repaint them, making us late for the beginning of the party. I would just liked to call it being fashionably late.

I grabbed my black, studded clutch and shoved some lipstick inside, along with my phone and I.D. Niall had been sitting in my living room for the past thirty minutes, eagerly waiting for Nicks and I to come out from my room. When we finally did, we were wearing our high heels and looking overall fabulous. Niall’s jaw dropped and he got up to hug us both. “Shall we go, ladies?” He hooked his arms around both of our waists.

“Let’s party!” Nicks shouted. I grinned. Nothing about this night was going to bring me down. I was finally getting back to my normal self and I enjoyed every moment of it. All that was left was to see if Harry would actually show up to the party.

As we piled into the car I looked up to see a dressed up Danielle and Liam walking up to Niall’s car. I tapped Niall’s shoulder quickly and he looked back, seeing through the window as our friends walked up to the car. “Hey, mind if we catch a ride over?” Liam asked, leaning against the side of the car.