Chapter 18

As his lips pressed against mine, he waited. He waited for some reaction out of me, for my own lips to press back against his. I didn’t do that though. I knew better than to give Harry the satisfaction of winning me over. My gently placed my hands on his chest and was surprised to feel the taut muscle beneath. He pulled away and ran his tongue over his bottom lips. I pushed him back roughly and his back hit the bar. He winced at the new pain in his back, but kept silent.

“Wh-what the hell was that?” I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I shook my head back and forth. I backed away from him and my mind ran rampant with images of kissing Harry.

“That was what I wanted.” He said truthfully. I did ask him what he wanted and I finally got the answer out of him, but I wasn’t expecting his lips, those plump lips, crashing against mine in a heated kiss. I didn’t know what to think anymore. Was he messing with me, or was he being the Harry that I had spent time with the other night before everything went to shit.

“What you wanted? What about what I want? I don’t want you! Get that through your head, Harry.” I yelled, stepping back again. He looked hurt, but if I didn’t make him feel at least a little bad, he would never stop pursuing me.

“Ashleigh…” He stepped forward and I shot him a glare. “Ashleigh, quit acting like you don’t want this too. I see the way you look at me, don’t kid yourself.” He scoffed and ran a hand through his wet hair. “Tch…” He bit his lip and I had to hold back every ounce of anger I had to not smack him in the face.

I didn’t want some bad boy with a terrible attitude. Harry might have even had some sort of bipolar disorder. I didn’t know. But what I did know is that I didn’t want that kind of person to be around me. I wanted the nice Harry, the one who was calm and collected. The one I had spoken to the other night and felt safe with, the one that I could speak to for hours on end and not get angry or bored. I didn’t want this Harry. He was overbearing, overpowering, and overconfident.

I wanted someone to lie around with all day watching movies and eating take out. I wanted a guy to be there for me and hold me in his arms, not force himself on me like Harry had done just the other second before. “I-I don’t-“ He approached me, gently placing his hands on the upper portions of my arms. “I don’t want-“

“But you do.” He said softly, leaning in and whispering into my ear. “You want me, and I want you. That’s all there is to it.” His deep voice washed over my like waves in an ocean. I shivered and let his hands grip my arms. His thumbs ran circles over my chilled flesh, warming me up. My eyelids felt heavy and my lips twitched, anticipating another move from Harry. “How about it?”

How about what?

“Let’s get out of here. Go back to my place? Or yours. Same building after all.” Harry pulled back and winked at me. His hands dropped from my arms and slid down my sides. He held my hips and swayed my body to the music playing in the bar.

“Is that all you want?” I asked him, pulling his hands away from my hips. “For me to go home with you for the night?” I raised an eyebrow at him and he smirked. “No.” I said firmly, stepping away from him. “I’m not going to be another one of your sleepover pals.”  I threw my arms to the side, making a scene out of myself. “Did you honestly think that I would say yes?”